"Yenmi." Jisung said, tapping her shoulder. She snapped her head towards him, only to look the opposite direction where Jisung had pointed.

The house was bright and extremely beautiful, almost like a palace. "Wow." She said in awe, stepping out of the car with Jisung by her side.

"Okay, let's hope this goes smoothly." She heard him say, his voice naturally low. "You do know what to do, right? Exactly in an hour, Mingxia will be up the stage, giving a speech or whatever." He repeated the plan.

"All you have to do is be backstage five minutes before she goes up stairs, and abruptly come up and tell everyone you're the Pheonix or ruler, however you frame it." He said.

Yenmi nodded, the blood in her veins running cold. "Yep, totally easy." She said.

Jisung snorted, his hand brushing over her back, but not touching her. "Anyway, let's go in now." He said, leading the way.

The guards seemed to have no objection in letting them in, probably after seeing Jisung's face. He did feel a tad bit guilty for betraying his mother's ex bestfriend, but not that he was doing anything wrong.

Yenmi sighed, her eyes roaming around the extravagant hall, the numerous unfamiliar faces greeting her. She didn't know how to feel, not only did she have to avoid Mingxia and preferably Renjun the whole party, she also had to somehow not get killed.

A low whistle made her almost flinch, turning around as Jisung looked annoyed too. "Look who's here." Donghyuck said, a smug smile on his lips.

"We." Jisung bluntly answered, not wanting him to create a scene again.

"Yeah I get that Andy." Donghyuck glared at him, eyes gazing back towards Yenmi with a fake smile plastered on his lips. "I'm pretty sure Mrs. Huang wouldn't invite your deadass here." He said.

"No one asked you Haechan." Jisung replied even before Yenmi could, hoping not to catch Mingxia's attention.

Donghyuck looked ready to throw hands, almost pouncing on Jisung if it weren't for Renjun who held him back, clicking his tongue.

"Not now Donghyuck, not the time." He said.

Well part one of the plan, failed.

He cocked an eyebrow up at her appearance, his lips drawing into a thin line. "And why are you here?" He asked, ignoring Donghyuck's whines.

Yenmi felt her heartbeat grow wild again, she didn't know what to say. "She's just here to make people aware of her identity." Jisung butted in, remembering the exact lines Jaemin told him.

Well, he was smart.

Renjun wasn't dumb, he knew exactly what they were going to do and knew what would be the consequences but he didn't mind.

He wasn't really thirsty for the crown, but then again, he knew his mother would do anything to make him the ruler so she could indirectly control the world.

Then so be it, it wasn't like she would listen to him anyway. Atleast Yenmi coming into the scene, there'd be a little spice, something different.

Some competition.

He bit his inner cheek, shrugging ever so slightly. The four stood there in silence, unsaid words being exchanged. This was one of the reason she wanted Jaemin by her side, atleast he could calm her down by one of his lame jokes.

"Hey uh-" Jeno said as he jogged up to them, surprised by the presence of Yenmi. "Renjun, your mother is calling for you." He said, pointing at the closed door.

Yenmi stared as he nodded, talking to Donghyuck. He was wearing a simple black shirt with dark grey printed pants, the satin shirt hugged his torso perfectly, revealing the silhouette of his recently done navel piercing. Ofcourse, not to miss the pearl necklace that adorned his neck.

He walked towards the room, shoulders brushing against Yenmi. He locked eyes with her for a split second, noticing her grey contacts.

Too bad, I preferred her natural eyes.

Oh wowCharacter development I guess-Neway the contact part is inspired by another Renjun ff named Demoniac

Oh wow
Character development I guess-
Neway the contact part is inspired by another Renjun ff named Demoniac. I love that book jsjsjdj

Also one of the longest chapters I wrote
+ Is it too fast? Bcz they'll not get together till like idek

P.s 30 chaps 😭