The landscape outside got darker, the sun setting. After what seemed like 10 minutes to her, she finally put in both the contacts, now her hair waiting to be brushed.

She glanced at her digital clock, fastening her pace. She untangled her hair, then putting it in a loose low bun, her fringes framing her face.

Putting on her black heels- which weren't extremely high, she grabbed her purse and phone, taking deep breaths to calm her erratic heartbeat down.

As if on cue, she heard her mom call for her. Her feet walked faster than intended, almost running down the stairway.

She smiled at Jisung politely, him returning the action. Aera and him were at the end of the stairs, just having a conversation.

Just at the end of the stairway, she missed a step, almost tripping. Jisung held her arm, eyes wide.

What a first impression.

The tip of her ears turned red, coughing in embarrassment. "Sorry." She muttered, steadying herself. Jisung chuckled, nodding.

Aera shook her head at her daughter's clumsiness, shooting an embarrassed eye smile to Jisung before she excused herself.

"Hi." Jisung said, scratching his nape. Yenmi smiled, having to look up at him because of his height. "Hey."

"..you look nice." He complimented, not knowing what to say. She fiddled with her sleeve, muttering a small 'thanks'.

"Well then, I suppose you're getting late!" Aera yelled from the kitchen, somehow have had heard their conversation. She glared at the direction of her voice, scoffing.

"Anyway, let's go." She said to Jisung, who instantly nodded, walking out of the house with her following. He fished out his keys, unlocking the door of his car and opening the other door for her too.

They both got into the car, closing the door behind them. Jisung started the car, hand on the gear shifter. "Do you want me to roll the windows down or.." he trailed off, looking at Yenmi.

"The former." She simply replied, staring right ahead. He hummed, doing the same. With one push on the accelerator, the vehicle drive off into the distance, the wind hitting the side of her face.

Was she ready for the eventful night? No, not at all. But she had to face it, now or never.

It was the night she would publically reveal herself, hopefully being able to get the crown. She wasn't extremely interested in it all, but something just sparked in her.

Now that she got the chance, she would like to prove everyone wrong and rule the world; not cruelly. She didn't know Mingxia personally, but from others told her, she was wicked.

She had no heart and always got whatever she wanted, the world was on her list next.

But was it all really worth it? What if she couldn't get through, what if she wasn't good enough or what if she couldn't even activate her powers.

All these thoughts were constantly on her mind that she didn't even realise when they arrived, the bright light from the mansion blinding quite a few.