A "Celebration"

Gary couldn't hear them. He could only hear the drunken yelling, the glass smashing, the doors slamming.

———————————————————————

"To us!" The crew said as their glasses clinked for a drink.
Nightfall, Clarence, Sherryl, and Tribore all had fancy wine that they had stolen last second during their mission.
Little Cato, Ash, H.U.E, KVN, and Fox on the other hand had apple juice.

Meanwhile, Gary and Avocato were in the medbay.
"That was too close, you scared me.." The ventrexian said as he wrapped up Gary's arm. "Don't do something that risky again. You could have lost your other arm." He said as he finished.
Gary was blushing slightly as he went to cup Avocato's face with his hands, squeezing his cheeks.
"I'll try to be more careful next time, but no promises!" Gary said, squishing Avocato's cheeks.
"You idiot." The ventrexian said, half laughing as he spoke.
"Let's go celebrate with the others!" Gary said, quickly standing up and grabbing Avocato's arm.
The two walked out the medbay and down the hall, heading towards the main area. As the two entered, Gary froze in place.
Avocato looked at him. "Gary? Gary!" He said, putting a hand on his shoulder.
Then he realized.
He looked at Sherryl, then Gary. "Shit." He said quietly.
Sherryl turned to the two.
"Ah! Boys! Welcome back loves, would ya like something to drink?" She said, as she raised her glass. Then she saw Gary.
Gary was lightly shaking at this point, staring at the glass of wine in his mother's hand. His eyes slowly moved from the glass to her. He took a small step back, his breaths starting to become only small gasps.
Little Cato and Nightfall had noticed Gary's reaction, and started walking over.
"Kiddo-" Sherryl put the glass down, slowly stepping closer to Gary.
"Dad?" Little Cato said, slowly approaching him.
"Gary?" Nightfall said, standing next to Little Cato.
Gary couldn't hear them. He could only hear the drunken yelling, the glass smashing, the doors slamming. He started to shake more, his breathing almost stopping completely as he began to sweat.
"Step back, give him space." Avocato said, tightening his grip on Gary's shoulder. The three stepped back from the two. Nightfall took the que and took Little Cato back with the others.
"What about Gary?" Little Cato asked.
"Your father will handle this, he will be alright." Nightfall responded.
Avocato kept his hand on his shoulder as he moved so he was in front of the blonde.
"Gary?" He said in a soft tone as he slowly moved his hand under Gary's chin.
Gary was still spaced out, barely acknowledging the ventrexian.
Avocato lifted Gary's head slowly so that they could make eye contact, gently holding his chin.
"Gary, baby. It's alright. You're on the Crimson Light with me and the others. You're ok."
Gary's eyes moved to make contact with Avocato's. He moved his arm and grabbed Avocato's shoulder for support. His grip was tight, but Avocato didn't mind. Gary gave out and flopped on to Avocato, leaning on the ventrexian for support. He tried to breathe normally, but that only made it worse. Avocato held the blondes head to his chest so he could matching their breathing. Gary tightened his grip as his breathing improved.
"Dad.." Gary said, exhausted.
Avocato pet Gary's head, using his other hand to rub his back.
"It's alright, buddy." The ventrexian said.
Gary stood up, loosening his grip on Avocato's shoulders. He looked at Avocato for a few seconds and blinked a few times.
"Thanks, Avo."
"No need to thank me." He responded.
Avocato moved so he was next to Gary.
Sherryl stepped closer, and Gary looked up at her. "I'm so sorry I reacted like that I shouldn't-" Gary was cut off as Sherryl opened her arms for a hug.
"Are.. are you for real?" The blonde said, hesitating.
"As real as it gets, son." She said.
He hesitated before hugging her tightly.
"Love you, kiddo." She said, arms wrapped around him.
"Love you too, mom." He said.