The Date

Gary and Avocato get a drink together during their short visit to earth.

   ———————————————————————

The couple could be seen holding hands while walking around a New York City in shambles, Mooncake following close behind.
"Wow, this place looks terrible." The ventrexian stated.
"And yet it somehow looks better than before." The human replied, causing Avocato to chuckle.
As the two continued their walk, something came to Gary's attention. He came to a stop and turned to look at the building.
"What is it, Gary?" Avocato asked, turning to stand next to his partner.
"It's the bar I met Quinn at! You wanna get a drink?"
"So like.. a.. uh.." The ventrexian was looking at the ground.
"A date? If you want! I mean it doesn't have to be a date if you don't want it to be a date you don't have to-" The blonde's rambling was silenced by a kiss on the cheek.
"A date." Avocato said.
Gary smiled and grabbed his hand, leading him in to the bar.
As they went to open the door, it broke and fell over.
"Well, that's one way to make an entrance." Gary said, continuing to walk in. The ventrexian sat at the bar as the human went behind the counter.
"Pick your poison." Gary said as he went through all the cabinets.
"Whichever one you think is best, baby."
"Alrighty then." He said as he grabbed a bottle of Kathryn Hall red wine and two glasses, sitting it on the counter.
"Well you're an expensive date." The ventrexian said, looking at the fancy bottle of wine.
"Hah, good thing that I don't mind committing a little bit of crime here and there." The blonde said while pouring wine into the glasses, before taking a long pause before realizing.
"Wow that.. that did not sound ok."
Avocato chuckled. "Adorable." He said as he looked at Gary with a small smile. Gary turned red and looked away, sliding one glass to Avocato. He jumped over the counter, but failed and fell face first, causing the ventrexian to laugh. "That was on purpose!" Gary said, laughing a bit himself as he stood up. He came over and sat next to Avocato, taking the other glass for himself. He turned to his boyfriend, raising his glass. "Cheers!" Clink! The two giggled as they both took a sip of their wine.