Chapter 1

Sugawara Koushi. 

The man you fell head over heels for. How could you not? The way his soft silver hair danced in the wind. How his chocolate brown eyes would shine under the sunlight. And the way his smile could be so contagious. It seemed, in your eyes, that he was an angel. Yet here he was, in front of you, currently asking you out. 

You couldn't believe him. Was your crush really asking you out? Asking you to be his significant other? He seemed to notice you doze off. "Y/n is everything okay? You don't have to say yes you know" His tender voice brought you back to reality. You stared into his eyes, a deep blush spreading across your cheeks. "N-no! That's not it! I just... I just can't believe you, out of all people would ask me out," a look of surprise was written all over his face. But he didn't say anything and let you continue. "To be honest, I've liked you for a long time, Suga... I just never had the courage to ask you out," your confession made the boy laugh. This sweet laugh of his that was like music to your ears. "Well I guess we've been on the same boat then! I'll remind myself to thank my friends for pushing me into confessing to you! Else who knows when we would've admitted our feelings for each other." 

He was right. Maybe if he didn't confess to you today, you would never be dating.

A month has passed since Koushi asked you out. From then, everything in your life seemed to go amazingly well. Too well. 

He was the best boyfriend everyone could have asked for. He would take you on dates whenever he could. He went out of his way to know your favourite song from your favourite brand of milk. He gave you all his love and attention and yet, you couldn't stop thinking and believe that something was up. 

The rumours didn't help your case. Whispers about how your relationship with Koushi was all a lie. How he only dated you because of a bet he did with his friends, one night at a club, drunk. But that couldn't be right could it? He wasn't the type to do this was he? Of course not you thought. But there was still that feeling, deep in your heart, that made you feel like all this time, he was lying about loving you. It has now been two months since you and Koushi got into a relationship. The feeling growing bigger and bigger each passing day with him.

 Everyone started to pity you. Pity you for not seeing the painful truth. That it was all a lie. But maybe you did saw it. Just didn't want to admit it. Because, who would want to see it? You couldn't- no. You didn't want to admit that, the person you loved the most, didn't love you like you hope he was. 

But that wasn't the most painful part. 

The most painful part was that he was lying about loving you. Your love for him blinded you, thinking that maybe, there was a hope that he did actually love you. But all these hopes shattered when you overheard him speaking to one of his friends. "Suga, you can't keep playing them like that. You know its wrong. You know how much they love you... it'll only hurt them more if they find out later or worse, by someone else." Upon hearing that, you honestly thought that you would cry. But you didn't.

Because, deep down, you knew it from the beginning. 

You were just too blind to truly notice it.