"He said he would be." I whisper, clutching my phone tightly.

"Ring him Ivy." Tasha says, picking her nails.

"Sure." I reply, dialling his number. The phone starts to ring, and ring, and ring but he doesn't pick up. "He's not picking up." I whisper. 

"Try again." Sasha says, sounding edgy. Not that I can really blame her, I'm getting anxious myself. He needs to be here within the next ten minutes or we're gonna have to sacrifice aesthetics and that would be a massive blow. 

"I am." I reply, ringing him again. He still doesn't pick up this time, or the time after that, or the time after that. After leaving five exasperated messages and about twenty missed calls I give up, flinging my phone to the ground out of anger. I hear it smash and the girls turn to me, shocked. I sigh and close my eyes. "How bad is it?" I ask as they come over.

"Fixable, luckily. What the hell was that?"

"Me realising that Nathan's not coming."

"He said that?!"

"Nope, he just won't answer his goddamn phone, will he? I've left five messages, each getting progressively irate. We're gonna have to change the routine guys if he does-"

"Ivy Smith?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"Your band is on in five." says the guy, walking off. 

"Well there we go, same songs, just with different choreography."

"But Ivy, we haven't rehearsed that-"

"You think I'm not stressed enough Tash?" I ask, angry at Nathan and his lack of appearance. The guy had one thing to do and he couldn't even do that. 

"But Ivy you literally haven't practiced the chords at all for the second number." 

"We're gonna have to wing it Sash, what can I say?" I ask, sighing and running my hand through my hair. 

"Or we could do that new song you wrote, I'd Lie?"

"But then you guys don't know that as well."

"I know Ivy, but at least we all have some experience with it. I think that's the best decision. Vote?"

"Sure, I vote winging the first song." I reply. 

"I'd Lie." Tash says.

"I second Tash." Sally and Sasha say at the same time. I sigh and nod, wringing my hands together, this is going to be interesting to say the least. 

"It's gonna be ok, we have three songs to sing. We're going out there and slaying them." Tasha says, her voice a hell of a lot more confident than my feelings. I step onto the stage, the guitar feeling heavy in my hands. The crowd looks at us, silence filling the hall. I start strumming as we start to play. 

-Nathan's POV-

   I yawn, glancing at my watch idly, Jenny in my arms and I literally leap up. "Shit!" I shout, running my hands through my hair. Jenny frowns at me, looking confused.

"What's up?" she asks me.

"I thought you were gonna wake me up?" I exclaim, my heart thundering. 

"What? Are you feeling ok Nath?"

"Ivy's band, I've got to go." I shout, tripping over as I try to get my shoes on. I know it's futile though, they've probably already finished. Geez how could I have forgotten? It's been an hour since I was meant to be there. I search my pockets for my phone, cursing when I can't find it. "Jenny have you seen my phone?" I ask her, my heart thundering noisily in my chest. What if she doesn't want to speak to me? I think, my stress levels spiking.