𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Hey so I know it's late, it's just after 11pm where I live, and I know this is shit but I wanted to update and this is one of my last pre-written oneshots I have in the bank, I'm working on one that has turned out to be a lot longer than intended because I didn't actually plan the ending of it. I'm thinking of ending this book at 30 oneshots? Idk we'll see. Oh well, please try and enjoy and vote if you want to! <33

"Yeah, so we need like actual proper mics for this, I guess," Brian said, adding it to his list of expenses for the Wayward Guide podcast.

"No shit, Sherlock," Corey grinned, rolling his eyes. "We can't just use the mic on Apple headphones."

Joey made a noise of contemplation. "We could if we really wanted to. Shoot the whole series on an iPhone X, we'd be making a statement."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, you're no longer allowed to contribute," Brian joked, sticking his tongue out at Joey.

The three boys were on a zoom call (unrelated to COVID) and they had spent the past hour talking about the podcast, leaving a certain someone in Joey's bedroom alone and bored.

Joey's phone lit up with a few texts.

LoLo💗 : JoJo where are youuuu? xx

LoLo💗 : You've been forever, I miss you xx

LoLo💗 : Can I have a hug? Please? Pretty please? xx

Lauren was laid on Joey's bed with a pout on her face. She wanted him to just lay with her, hold her, and he wasn't doing that so she was sad. Her face lit up when her phone chimed a couple times.

JoJo❤️ : I'm sorry, baby, I miss you too, but this stuff is important, we'll be done soon though xx

JoJo❤️ : Of course you can have a hug, as soon as I get a two minute break from this call xx

JoJo❤️ : Gimme a sec Lo, I'll think of something xx

She clapped her hands quietly, all of a sudden giddy to get her boyfriend, even if it was only for five minutes.

LoLo💗 : I know it's important, don't apologise for doing something amazing and I'm really proud of you and the boys for all the progress you've made, it's going great... but I can't wait for a hug from you... and maybe a little bit more 😉xx

LoLo💗 : I'll see you in a few minutes? You're the best JoJo, I love youuu❤️xx

Of course, Lauren could've just walked into the living room and said hi to the boys... apart from, they were at Joey's place, and the couple hadn't told anybody they were together, so she couldn't just pop up at his apartment out of nowhere.

A few minutes went by, before Joey found an opening to hop off the call.

"I gotta pee, so I'll be back in a few, don't make any breakthroughs without me!" Joey smiled, standing up from the table and muting himself.

"We won't do, have a nice pee!"

"We will do, I hope you piss on your walls!"

Joey entered his bedroom, only to see Lauren sat on his bed with her legs crossed like a school child and her face all pouty and sad.

He walked forward and took her hand, pulling her up and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"We have around three minutes before Bri and Corey start to get sus, I said I'm peeing." He told her, swaying gently with her in his arms.

"Okay," she smiled, her mood a lot better, calmer.

Lauren pushed up onto her tiptoes, prompting him to kiss her, which he did. She smiled against his lips, and he let out a small chuckle.

"I love you, Lo," he whispered, into her mouth.

"I love you too, JoJo," she whispered back, her eyes glittering.

Their lips met again, sweetly and passionately. As the seconds ticked by, they moved out into the hall, Lauren walked backwards until she hit the wall and Joey lifted her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist, her arms around his neck. He held her face with one hand, the other resting on her hip, gently tracing patterns.

All of a sudden-

"Joey! Get your ass back here! Where you at? We can't see you!"

Brian and Corey were yelling for him from his laptop, coming out with utter bullshit, but yelling for him all the same.

Joey pulled away from his girlfriend, resting his forehead against hers.

"Please don't go," she whispered, pushing a soft, sweet kiss to his lips.

He reciprocated, kissing back gently. "I'll only be like half an hour, then you got me all to yourself."

Lauren giggled, pulling him closer and praying he wouldn't let go.

"I'm sorry, LoLo," he mumbled, smiling a little and pushing her hair behind her ear, before planting a kiss on her cheek.

She bit her lip, meeting his eyes. "It's okay, don't you dare apologise, I can wait for you, my fancy producer man."

"I'm not that fancy," he smirked, gazing into her gorgeous brown eyes.

"Yeah you are, you're climbing up the ladder," she told him, placing a hand on his cheek and rubbing circles into his skin with her thumb. "I love you, JoJo."

"I love you too, Lo," he smiled, pressing a small, delicate kiss to her lips, before stepping back to let her legs fall to floor.

Joey went back to his call, Lauren back to her boyfriend's room, thinking about him and the love she had for him... and what on earth they were gonna do once he got off of that zoom?

;)