Chapter Twenty

"I'm going to the store real quick!"

I spoke peering my head through the door of Rin, Yukio, and I's shared room. Rin perked his head up when I said 'store' and immediately got out of his bed. "Can I come!?" He spoke with excitement and hope. I grabbed my wallet and nodded. "Yes!" He yelled as he fist-bumped the air.

"Please get your own manga this time. Last time you didn't get any." Yukio grumbled.

"Last time they didn't have anything I liked." I fake pouted.

Rin and I left the inn and we started walking to the nearest store. "So what are you getting?" Rin asked as he swung our interlocked hands back and forth. "Manga, snacks, and a gift for each of our friends." Rin looked down at me with a confused look so I kept talking.

"I'm getting them a thank-you gift. Ya know since they broke us out of jail, saved our lives, helped us defeat my uncle, and remained our friends."

"Oooh, that's a good idea!"

Rin had a big smile on his face as he kept swinging our hands. I looked up at him and sighed. "Do you want it to be from you as well?" Rin let go of my hand and started to poke his two index fingers together. "Please?" I facepalmed but then nodded, once he saw me agreeing he fist-bumped the air for the second time today. Rin jogged up to the store and opened the door, excitedly making his way to the food section. I followed Rin to the food section of the small convince store. I then squat down to grab one of my favorite chip bags.

"Hey (Y/n)?"

Rin spoke breathing down my neck, I shot up and turned around. The way he said my name sent shivers down my spine. I couldn't explain the feeling, but, it wasn't fear. "Jesus Rin! Don't do that!" Rin began to stifle a laugh as he stood up straight. "What did I scare you?~" I let out a huff as I tossed the chip bag into the basket Rin was holding. "What do you want?" I said gaining my composure. We walked down the aisle and Rin picked up ice cream for himself.

"Could you paint my nails again?"

"Sure, but I didn't bring my nail polish with me."

"But they're chippingggg."

Rin whined showing me his nails. I looked at them and saw that they were indeed chipping. "What color do you want?" I asked as we walked up to the small selection of nail polish. "Uuuh...black! And you should do this color!" Rin said as he picked up a black and a dark blue. "We'll match our fire." He said with such a happy smile on his face. His smiles are so contagious.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

"Ok, yours should be dry by now."

I said as Rin stared at his painted black nails. "Could I paint yours!?" Rin asked wagging his tail. I took my own tail and draped it across my lap, petting my tail to pretend I was thinking. "Pleaseee? I won't paint the skin this time!" He whined. I laughed a bit and handed him the dark blue bottle. He excitedly opened it and started to paint my nails. Rin was staring intensely as he painted each of my nails.

Rin got up once he finished painting my nails and stretched. I examined my nails in awe seeing that he did a better job than I did. I frowned to myself before I got up to stretch myself. "Ok let's go hand these out." I said picking up the plastic bag that contained the gifts. Rin and I handed all our friends their gifts and thanked them for what they did for us.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

As soon as we left the inn I excitedly looked around. "So where do we go first!?" I ask as I turn around looking at everyone with a huge smile on my face. "Let's go to Kyoto tower!" Rin said with an equally giant smile. "Why there?" Bon grumpily asked. "I wanted to go before we got here." Rin pouted. We spent the rest of the day going to the tourist site each one of us wanted to go to.

"You guys might hate me for this...but...
couldwepleasegetagroupphotowiththatthing!?"

Rin spoke the last half of his sentence quickly, some of us didn't understand while the ones who did, reluctantly agreed. I was one of the few that understood him. Izumo walked up to a stranger and asked if they could take our picture. They agreed and carefully took her phone, we all huddled around the tourist attraction. Everyone struck a pose or remained still with a simple smile on their faces. Rin pulled me close to him by the waist, his arm remaining around my waist. He then held up his usual peace sign and a toothy smile. The stranger took multiple pictures and then handed the phone back to Izumo.

"Psst." Rin nudged my arm as our group disburse and did their own thing.

"What?" I whispered back matching his energy.

"Thanks for sticking by Yukio and I's side." He hugged me tight, I returned the hug.

"I love you." He whispered in the hug.

"I love you too."