【 ϟ 】

Day twenty

Ginny
March 4th 1998
The first thing she saw was the maroon sheet above her. Usually they made blanket forts the muggle way but Amora needed to practice her magic. She'd gotten so used to magic bending at her will with minimal effort, she'd forgotten the natural way of magic. Amora got the blankets up pretty well, it took about half an hour but eventually she got it done. Ginny flipped to her side, she grinned as she was met with Amora hunched over the television.

"What are you-"

She said, amused.

Amora held up a finger as to shush her.

"Car... loons are on, remember, the ones you told me about?"

Ginny crawled next to her and sat on her legs.

"Cartoons, they're not on now Amora, this is the news."

Amoras eyebrows knitted together and she tilted her head, Ginny attempted not to laugh into her hand.

"Bu- like the prophet?"

"Kind of, muggles have those too. This is the same thing but on the television, most muggles don't read the prophet anymore."

Amora shut off the television.

"Thanks for ruining kurtoons for me Ginny, good morning to you too."

Ginny laughed, not being able to contain her laugher anymore. She calmed down when she heard footsteps in the hallway. She heard a sigh.

"You guys built a FORT? in the middle of a WAR?!?"

Amora and Ginny both burst into laughter, the blankets folded themselves to reveal Remus standing in front of them. He gave a look that didn't quite reach his eyes, and for a moment, she swore she saw a grin play at his lips. He sighed deeply before giving up.

"Bring the chairs to the table, set it while I make breakfast please."

Amora and Ginny looked at each other for a bit before their laugher subsided though Ginny still bit her tongue as she set the table. Every time she looked at Amora they would both dissolve into silent giggles that Remus was desperately ignoring. Tonks yawned from the hallway as Remus finished up the oatmeal. They all sat down at the table, they hadn't done that in a while. It felt good, far to good. It almost made her feel on edge, like something terrible was immediately around the corner. And she knew it was.

For the first time in her entire lifetime, Ginny had an out of body experience. Nothing caused it besides the fresh air, the birds chirping, and Amora smiling next to her.

Something is about to happen.

Her mind warned her as she saw herself. She saw herself freeze, she saw her spoon fall from her hand and catch on the edge of the plate.
And as fast as the feeling came, it went.

She felt like she had something in her hand, just barely in her grasp. A thought, a feeling, a warning. In the few seconds after she snapped back, for reasons she had never been able to explain, she forgot what her mind had warned her, and the moment was gone. So she went back to noticing the next thing, and the next thing, and the next.