30 - I told you I'd lost my sun

Lavinia; purity

Lavinia; purity

Amora

I saw a golden light, flowing in the wind, sparking and glistening blissfully as it went. It was her hair. It flew along the sun, an imposter almost as bright as her hair, but never quite. Oh how i loved her hair. Through that euphoric stained glass I saw myself, I saw myself and her.

Light filled my eyes, light like the stars. It was her eyes. Those lovely blue eyes pulled her deeper like the stars in the night sky. Her soul still shone brighter.

Oh how I missed the day. I missed the clouds, the sun on my skin. I missed the thrill of running through a field.

I told the moon and every star I ever saw about you.

What a pure, lovely, creature she was. So bright, I wondered if she would share her flame.

I glanced down at her deeply broken soul, shriveled and limp. My mind torn to shreds, bits and pieces floating in the abyss.

I watched her light dance along the sunlight, I wondered if she would share her flame. This time, I hoped she wouldn't. A bright, beautiful, and lovely creature like this one never needs to come across a soul as black as mine.

A single tear down her face. I frowned, oh my darling, who hurt you? I would trade the sun, moon, and every star she'd ever seen to see her better. Another glance at the light took me by surprise, it was never really light at all. Her tears ran black, spotting her white dress. 

It dawned on me, I hurt you.

She had tried to share her flame, and in turn for her light she only got a sliver of my soul. I wished you'd just run. Why didn't you run?

Her delicate hands grazed my face, still elegant as ever your tears spotted my clothes. You chose to put your soul into adoring my every move. I felt my own familiar tears as I watched you take my mask away, you were upset. A part of me died when you told me you'd loved me.

It was everything I'd wanted, but everything I'd avoided.

I told you I'd lost my way, you drew me a path.

I told you I'd lost the moon, you painted me a sky.

I drowned when your eyes lit up at my touch. You broke my heart, never with your words, you broke me with your soul honey. I took a hit every time I saw you fall deeper I didn't understand it then, I didn't understand how a soul like yours found mine and lived to tell the tale.

You began to feel like home.

They took me away, grazed my knees and shattered my mind. So I ran home, I ran so fast I tripped grazing my knees all over again. They had tried to drag me back to the shell I used to call my home, but that place had never compared. I was a prisoner, you bailed me out.

Still black holes covered your body, you told me you'd had them all along. I shook my head, I told you I'd already seen the abyss. You held my hand, you'd seen it too.

We were compatible in all the wrong ways. In a black and white world, we never would have worked. I woke up every morning thankful for the grey area.

My favorite flower will always be wild roses, they remind my of your lips. My darling, how will we ever survive like this?

I look up, I see your light and my darkness form another grey area. That's all we've ever been, honey.

I've decided I'm content stepping out of my black and white world, because I am so utterly fascinated with you, and even if you never felt the same way I can promise you nobody else will ever compare.

I felt myself drift into her grasp, though this time around i wasn't reluctant but instead I let myself fall, hoping I'd never reach the ground. Now, I almost hoped I'd never have to take that involuntary breath, even if the water filled my lungs entirely.