3 - Why Not

(No word for this chapter, it's so short it doesn't really need one

(No word for this chapter, it's so short it doesn't really need one.)

|| small cw: underage drug use (cigarettes) !I don't condone underage drug use, this is mostly just typical war shit) ||

Amora
September 13th 1997
Amora Nott was top of all her classes.

Her eyes drooped into deep curved circles just below the waterline. Her lip stained and raw. She'd been asked by nearly every professor at hogwarts if she was ill.

In a way, she was.

Yes, she had issues. Though, doesn't everybody? Sometimes people drink until their vision is blurry and their hearts numb, sometimes it's taking nicotine until their lungs are raw and fatal, that's just how they numbed themselves.

Amora had work.

Oh Merlin did she have work.

She planed, she escaped, she lied, and she worked. She worked until her eyes were so heavy she couldn't possibly think anymore. She'd work so hard and long that the emptiness that swam before her like a squid in the black lake seemed just out of reach. Because if the workload wasn't enough to keep her busy until she couldn't process a single thought, the emptiness would swallow her whole. Strangling her by the neck with a thick, itchy rope. So she'd eventually repeat the cycle, plan, escape, lie, work.

Until her eyes were so heavy she couldn't process another thought, and she slowly drifted unconscious.

Amora sat in potions class, her eyes set intently on Professor slughorn. She already knew this subject, in fact, she was approximately two weeks ahead. She took detailed notes anyways, distractions always helped. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Dracos gaze on her. She looked over, glaring at him. He smirked and looked down at his parchment. Amora stifled a scoff as she stared at Dracos scribbled handwriting. She mostly assumed she hated that because of her mother, she was always big on neat handwriting.

Merlin she hated picking up on her mother's attitude.

Her eyes felt heavy from not sleeping, she rested her head gently on her hand and attempted to pay attention to the lessons (which got even more boring after Snape began to rule the school.)

Slughorn rambled on endlessly, Amora took less detailed notes than usual mostly because she could hardly pay attention with her eyes so heavy.

She was brought back to reality by Ginny Weasley running into class late. By her messy appearance Amora assumed Ginny had slept in.