ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

Start from the beginning

When I remember these words spoken by the Demon King, I start crying quietly into Zeldris's shoulder and he just rubs my back, not having a clue what just happened to me right now.

"Sorry," I hiccup once my sobs dissolve into nothing and leave me breathless.

"Don't ever apologise," Zeldris murmurs as draws his head back but lightly bumps our foreheads together. "You don't need to. OK, (Y/n)?"

"OK," I whisper back.

"I have the perfect thing that will cheer you up," he states as he starts to draw me out of my bed.

Without saying anything, I simply surrender myself to the Demon Prince as he starts to drag me around the castle.

"What if one of the Commandments finds us?" I ask him nervously while my eyes are peeled for any sudden movements.

Zeldris shakes his head. "Other than Estarossa, none of the Commandments are here."

I pout. "What? But—"

"Because of my older brother and the Seven Deadly Sins, the Ten Commandments have been disbanded."

"Where are they right now?" I question.

"Galand was brought down by the Lion Sin of Pride Escanor before we attacked the Kingdom of Liones," Zeldris goes on. "Derieri and Monspeet disappeared after my older brother's attack whereas Grayroad was captured by the Boar Sin of Gluttony. On the other hand, Gloxinia and Drole suddenly vanished when you were in your coma. Oh and also, my brother killed Fraudrin."

I flinch when he finishes his sentence. "I see."

"But I'll make it work," Zeldris says through gritted teeth.

Right now, I think it's best that I don't mention his oldest brother.

"Of course you will, Zel," I say quietly instead and he instantly starts to blush.

We come to a halt when we reach a new area of the castle I've never seen before. This is usually the area Oriana, Juno and the rest of the Demon maids forbid me to come to. I wonder why.

Are the Ten Commandments hiding something here? But then why would Zeldris bring me here?

Quickly pushing all these thoughts out of my head, I simply watch as the Demon Prince opens a door to reveal a flight of spiral stairs going up. It seems to be continuous and the sight is actually making my head spin a little bit.

"Come on," Zeldris says eagerly as he gently tugs me up the stairs.

"What is this place?" I ask him as I use my other hand to steady myself.

"You'll soon see," he says with a cheeky smile.

"You already made me wonderful gardens," I protest. "You don't have to keep giving me gifts."

Zeldris tilts his head as if what I just said was ludicrous. "But I want to."

My heart races as we finally reach the top of the stairs. Zeldris opens another wooden door to reveal that we're actually at the top of one of the towers I always see from my balcony.

"So why exactly did you bring me here?" I ask as I walk over and stand by the ledge, looking over the rest of the castle.

Wow, everything looks amazing from up here; it's such a beautiful sight.

"(Y/n), look over here for a minute," Zeldris calls out.

Frowning, I do so and see him crossing his armoured arms. A second later, his brilliant face lights up and the rest of the tower does as well when huge explosions are heard from behind me.