Uncle Charlie

Rune held her breath as she entered the dungeon. She couldn't remember a time when she was ever this silent. Honestly she didn't know why this was affecting her so much. Maybe it was all of the events from lately. This was a lot to take in...

   "Where. Is. The girl?"

   Rune froze in place and pressed herself right up against the wall. It was terrifying hearing her brothers voice but... wrong. 

   "I said I don't know. She escaped and then she left." 

   Rune was a bit surprised. Charlie wasn't selling her out first choice he got? Wow... 

   "You were conspiring with her!"

   "Conspiring? What are you an old man?" Charlie hissed out malice dripping from his words. 

   There was a thud and a short cry that was cut off immediately. "Damn... That all you got? Pity." Rune could hear the smirk in Charlie's voice. 

   "Tell me where she is and I might let you pick if you want to keep Cypher or Rune." 

   Rune's soul twisted at the words. 

   Charlie didn't respond. There was another thud moments later, this one louder since it was on the closer wall. 

   "Fine. Let's go find her and I'll let you and father watch her die. Maybe Cypher will be next." 

   "You can't do that! Matthew's kids did nothing wrong!" 

   "Didn't they? They got to live while I didn't. I'd call that wrong wouldn't you? They got their father's love."

   Rune could almost feel the sting Charlie got. She hadn't thought about it but... Charlie had killed his own father. That's a lot of baggage he must be carrying. No wonder he said he liked Cypher...

   "Rune and Cypher are good kids... And whoever is controlling you is in the wrong. I hate Matthew as much as the next but those two are innocent kids!" Charlie had a serious breakthrough during his time in prison. 

   "Like you care about innocents. Come on." Gray-scale seemed to be done talking... The cell door opened and closed with a loud clang. Chains jingled following the footsteps. 

   Rune poked her head around the corner very carefully. She watched Gray-scale pull her uncle off by his chains...