That Good Old Fashion Romance Movie Montage

Start from the beginning

"I really like you too."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

October 30

Tsukishima Kei POV

Age : 17 (Second Year)

Mr. Sugawara

Kazuma 'Zuma' Sugawara

Oct 10, 1969 to May 20, 2006

A caring husband and father who loved his family very dearly.

"Hey Dad, happy birthday." Y/n says, walking up to one of the graves and places some flower's by the tomb stone. She dusts off some twigs before kneeling by the grave.

"This is my boyfriend Kei." Y/n says and I kneel down next to her, not knowing what to do. Y/n notices and giggles.

"Introduce yourself." Y/n says and I nod. Tadashi's always been better at dealing with this sort of thing.

"Hello Mr. Sugawara. It's nice to meet you." I bow my head stiffly. I've never really been in a grave yard. I haven't experienced loosing a loved one since I was 3. Too young to remember anything.

Graves and funerals aren't for the people in them. It's there to help people grieve. To help people feel close with those they love who are dead.

"I know Dad, he's a little awkward." Y/n laughs, nudging me a bit.

"Koushi already moved out to his dorm and Mom is already calling him everyday and bringing him home cooked meals. She's a little worried. She even gave Dai-chan the 'what ever you do to my son I'll do to you' talk and Dai-chan's been really sweet to him." She says. "Mom. She likes Kei too. She says he's sweet like you." She smiles at me.

"You don't need to worry about us down here Dad. And Mom's started to drive a couple months back. She's not as scared to get into one anymore. Koushi's okay, Mom's okay and so am I. We're gonna be alright. Okay?" Y/n whispers the last part, telling herself that more than anything. She kisses her two fingers and brings them to the tomb stone. 

"I love you so much Daddy. I really miss you." Y/n sniffles before she starts crying. "I really miss you Daddy." She says. I bring my hand to her shoulder and wrap it around her. She takes a deep breath and turns back to her Dad.

"I'm sure Kei has somethings to tell you. So I'll leave you to be. Bye Dad, I love you." Y/n says walking to a nearby tree and wiping her eyes before she goes on her phone. 

I stare at Mr. Sugawara's tomb stone for a bit before clearing my throat.

"I really love your daughter sir. You and your wife raised a really special girl. I know father's are protective but try not to worry about Y/n too much. She doesn't need me to take care of her, she's strong. But I promise to be there for her. I swear. I'll keep her safe." I say. "I know you can't say anything back, but I really hope you approve of me sir. I should bring Y/n home. You don't need to worry about her. Bye sir." I leave the grave and catch up to Y/n and we leave the grave sight. Our hands intertwined.

The brisk fall are surrounds us. Dry leaves on the ground which Y/n steps on making nice crunching noises.

"My Dad would really like you Kei." Y/n smiles at me.