My heart pounded in my chest. Did this have something to do with Teresa?

The window above our drawers broke, panes scattering all over the floor. I winced. I screamed as a face appeared in the window, blood running freely from its nose. Its eyes were red rimmed, hair messy with bloody blond strands stuck to its face. It was a woman; perhaps used to be a pretty one, but now - not so much. 

Soon after, all hell broke loose. Many faces joined that one face, breaking the glass with their cracked bloody hands and reaching in through the iron frames of the window. Everyone was awake and out of their beds, scrambling to get as far away as possible from the monsters. Manic laughter and terrified screams filled the room.

"What are you?!" Minho shouted at one, stabbling its dirty arm with a shard of glass. Blood seeped out, but the person seemed to feel no pain. 

"We're Cranks. We're past the gone, and it's so much fun!" The first girl shrieked, laughing in glee. "I'm Rose," she said, sniffing.

I grimaced, shielding my eyes as the sun came up. It wasn't like the golden sun of the Glade; it was piercing and bright, a white globe in the air. The Cranks seemed to notice the sun too as looks of horror flashed upon their faces.

There was a ruffled hustling as they scrambled away into the horizon, from wherever they had come from. I heaved a sigh of relief and slumped on a bed. That was way too early in the morning.

Click.

Silence.

We all heard it. It was the door, now unlocked. I glanced around at the Gladers. I was almost certain it was a trap, but how could I not open the door.

Curiosity killed the cat. Oh well.

Cautiously, I opened the door. Right in front of us across the corridor was another door, this one wide open. It lead to the dining room from yesterday night, but it was dark. Ominous. Calling.

I stepped in.

Newt followed close behind me, his hand finding mine in the dark. We walked on, breathing in some scent of mild rotting. Beside me, Newt stopped suddenly. A groan sounded.

"Table, look out for tables," he announced. I would have snorted and ruffled his hair if not for the fact that I was terrified out of my mind. Oh, he was so cute.

I stopped short when the lights flickered on. Not one by one, all together. For a second I was blinded by the light, but then the room came into view. The first thing I registered was that there were things hanging from the ceiling. The next was that they were bodies.

I swallowed back puke.

Hurriedly, I scanned their faces to see if tehy were anyone I knew. My eyes zoomed in on one. Chuck.

"Chuck! NO!" I heard myself shout, before collapsing to the ground. Tears flowed out of my eyes. All I could see was Chuck's face as he held on to one last breath. He was too good. Too young.

And I promised...

~

Newt's POV

My breath hitched in my throat when I saw Chuck. I heard a loud thud beside me, and I knew Tommy had collapsed. I was going to help him up, or hold him, or something, before another face stood out. 

It was the face of an angelic young girl, perhaps only 13. She had long blonde hair and impish features. And she looked ...familiar. Almost like me.

A wave of recognition and grief so strong I had to stablise myself hit me. 

I knew her. She was my sister.

I had a sister.

A/N: OMFG IM SO SORRY FOR THE ULTRA LATE UPDATE!!! ugh XP I'm finally back home now. BTW, next chapter may contain probably the closest to smut I will write in a long time (AKA until they get to Paradise) --> but that is UNCONFIRMED.

To those of you who watches Teen Wolf: did you guys watch the Paleyfest Panel? There was so much Stydia inside X) I sincerely hope they get together omg I'm sorry but I don't ship Marrish or Stalia. Stydia is love.

QOTC: Would you rather witness first hand a passionate kiss between your OTP or have a passionate kiss with your celebrity crush?

AOTP: In this case for me it would be Newtmas or me and Dylan. GAH I can't do this... MAYbe me and Dylan...? Because then not only will I get to kiss him (omfg) I would know him and we'll be friends and stuff (or even more than that) ;)

THANK YOU FOR READING (WE'RE ALMOST AT 10K READS HOLY SHIT) and if you liked this please vote! <3 And comment your feedback too :) It really means a lot to me!