Day 4 - Patrol

"Well, then, Max, I hope Chat Noir and I haven't let you down!" Ladybug said as she signed her name on the poster of her and Chat Noir. Ladybug turned around and looked up at Chat, who was watching her from a few feet away. She turns around and then leans down on her knees and puts her arm around the boy. "Let's take a picture, huh?"

"That'd be awesome!" Max cried and hugged Ladybug. Max then turns to his mother, who had her phone out, and Ladybug smiled her beautiful smile, in Chat's opinion. After the pictures were taken, Max hugged Ladybug again. "Thank you so much Ladybug! I'll be like the coolest kid in school!"

"Now, I don't want to be used to help your popularity, but I am happy that I met you." Ladybug hugged Max one last time and smiled at the mother before walking over to Chat. "Well, I need a break."

"You're incredible at this. Everyone loves you." Chat said and smiled as the fans turned to each other and interacted. Ladybug watched as well but then turned her full attention to Chat. He gets his teasing face on and she braces herself mentally and raises her eyebrows. "They love you so much, that I could retire and they would never notice."

Chat chuckles a little to himself and stops when he notices that Ladybug is not laughing back. Ladybug just stares at him with horror.

"Don't say that! No one should talk like that, and definitely not you." Ladybug said and put a hand on his shoulder. "People would notice and I would notice, which is the most important person in this scenario. Besides you."

Chat shrugs and looks over at all of the fans, who are now watching the pair.

"I'm glad that you came more on patrol with me in high school." Chat looks Ladybug in the eye. "After you got used to being the guardian, of course."

"Well, I'm sorry that I missed the ones that I missed because they are the best times of my day." Ladybug smiled at Chat, which combined with the comeback she made, made Chat blush and he smiled back.

"I think we have a few more people to take care of." Chat nodded towards the fans and Ladybug nods in agreement. "Ladies first."

"First, I need to make sure that no one is in any danger." Ladybug looked around quickly, making it obvious she isn't looking that hard, and nodded at Chat. "Coast is clear."

"Great. Let's go." Chat Noir walked over to the fans first and smiled as they all started yelling to get his attention. "One kitten at a time, and we'll get to you all. Right, m'lady?"

Ladybug laughed and shook her head as Chat winked. She turned to the closest fan to her.

"Yeah, kitty." Ladybug smiled at him and then at the fans. "Let's do this."

"Even though, bugaboo, earlier with the checking Paris, you didn't do a thorough check like we usually would." Chat signed a poster and took a picture quickly before continuing. "I think you have the talent to become a rebel."

"Nice try, but I am not becoming a rebel anytime soon." Ladybug grabbed a pen of a fan. "I am rebelling. I just wanted to meet all of our amazing fans."

"Sure, but don't deny the smile on your face." Chat said and poked her teasingly in the cheek, making her roll her eyes and smile even more despite herself. "See, you're doing it even more!"

They continued signing autographs for a while and past the end of the patrol.

"Here you go, lucky charm." Ladybug handed back the pen she was using to sign an autograph and the girl smiled at her as she walked away with her mother. "Stay Miraculous!"

"Brielle, can I tell you a joke? I can, alright." Chat smiled at Ladybug as the sunset lighted up her face and Ladybug smiled the beautiful lighting the sunset gave Chat's face as well. He rubbed his hands together. "What is a cats' favorite button on a TV remote?"

"I have no idea!" Brielle said with a giggle. "What?"

"Paws!" Chat laughed with Brielle and gave her a high-five. "That's my girl!"

"Thanks, Chat Noir!" Brielle cried as she read the note from Chat on her poster. "You're my favorite superhero!"

"Thank you for saying that!" Chat kneeled down to Brielle's level and hugged her. "You're my favorite fan."

Brielle smiled and ran off. I walked up to him and put my arm on his shoulder. He looks at her with his eyebrows raised.

"What did I say?" Ladybug smiled up at him with admiration. "People love you."

"You're the only one I care about when it comes to loving me." Chat smiled sadly and Ladybug blushed, a small smile growing on her face. Chat saw the smile and smirked to himself. "I knew it! You love me!"

"As if!" Ladybug rolled her eyes but held back a laugh. Chat raised his eyebrows again and smiled as a couple walked up to them with their phone raised. Ladybug got her arm off of him and looked at the couple. "Hi. Do you want a picture?"

"We were actually wondering something." The lady said and looked at her boyfriend. She then looked back at Ladybug and Chat Noir. "Are you two a couple like we are?"

"Umm..." Chat Noir looked at Ladybug who groaned that he wasn't responding. He looked sadly at the ground thinking of the truthful answer to the question. "No. We're not a couple."

"Definitely not!" Ladybug chimed in energetically. Chat looked at her, even more in pain. Ladybug sent him a I'm really sorry look. She then looked back at the couple. "No. We're not."

"Oh. Okay." The couple looked at each other and then back at Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"Actually, I have to go." Ladybug said and kissed Chat Noir's cheek. "Bye, kitty."

Chat Noir stood there stunned. The couple smiled and the girl started to giggle, the boyfriend putting his arm around her. Ladybug jumped on the roof and shook her head at herself.

She didn't know why she did it. But something definitely happened, and she wasn't that upset by it.