Chapter 29 (Mature again)

Începe de la început

"I will next time! I promise! Actually, hopefully there isn't a next time," Zayn said slowly.

"Yeah," I agreed. "I don't think my heart could handle it."

"Old man," he chuckled.

"I'm only twenty-one! How old are you?" I frowned.

"Twenty. As of January 12th," Zayn replied curtly.

"Oh," I said in reply. "January 12th, huh? Happy late birthday..."

"It was Zayn's birthday?" Harry asked, tugging gently at my shirt to get my attention.

"Harry says happy late birthday, too," I added.

"Thanks," Zayn chuckled. "But I gotta go now. I have to work tomorrow, sadly. Where are you guys, by the way? I stopped by both you and Liam's flats but-"

"My mum's," I responded. "In Doncaster."

"That's like two hours away, yeah?" Zayn chuckled.

"If there's no traffic, maybe. Otherwise, it's like... four," I sighed. "But yeah, go to bed. We'll see you in about a week."

"Sounds good," he laughed. "Bye, Lou."

I hung up and handed the phone back to Liam, "Put that somewhere that I won't lose it."

Niall came bounding into the room, flinging himself onto the couch bed, "Liam! Come cuddle!"

"Hold on, love," he replied. "Let me put Lou's phone in his bag."

I wrapped my arms around the kitten boy, pressing a kiss to his temple, "You ready for bed?"

Harry nodded, pulling me over to the air mattress with him. He scurried onto it, crawling underneath the covers and peering up at me from beneath them. I chuckled, falling onto the air mattress next to him to make him bounce up and down a tad. Once I was tucked underneath the covers beside him, Harry was attaching his limbs to me. Because we were on a bed, and because of Harry's closeness, my brain instantly flitted towards my dream from the night before. I grimaced, slowly scooting away from Harry.

Harry seemed confused, "W-where is Louis g-going?"

"Just over here," I responded. "I'm kind of hot right now... but we can hold hands, if you want?"

"Okay," Harry said slowly, grabbing clumsily for my hand.

Liam came back into the room, and Niall sat up and yanked him onto the bed with him. Liam fell on top of Niall with an oof, and Niall giggled. From my spot on the floor, I could only see them wrestling around, "Hey now. There's other people in this room, you know."

"Oh, Liam!" Niall moaned teasingly.

"Goodnight, boys," my mother stuck her head through the door with a chuckle, flipping off the lights.

Niall made a surprised yelp, "Uh... night Mumma Jay!"

"Night, Mum," I laughed, waiting until she left the room. "Bet that was embarrassing, hmm Nialler?"

"Shut up!" Niall snapped, and I heard Liam laugh, so I imagined Niall was hiding his face into Liam's chest.

I turned my attention to Harry, who had turned to hold my hand with both of his, "H-Harry d-does not get it."

I felt blood rush to my face, and I was glad it was too dark to see, "Uh... it's complicated. I'll explain some other time, yeah?"

Harry nodded, wiggling a bit closer, "Is L-Louis still h-hot?"

"A bit," I lied.

Harry stretched out his leg instead of curling up like he normally did so he could touch my leg with it, "When L-Louis is not h-hot anymore, c-can we cuddle?"