One.

The club was winding down & getting ready to close. None of the girls were dancing any more but the servers were still out on the floor & me as the barista, I was still working too. People literally drank until they got kicked out at 4:30AM. Especially because the perverts loved staring at me & "spilling" their drinks on me, asking for new ones. The cold ice made my nipples hard & in these cute ass outfits I got to wear that was like Christmas to these guys. It got their rocks off immediately.
I dealt with this shit because I had no other choice. I stayed in a motel room a few blocks over ever since I got kicked out a year ago. My mom went through my phone & found naked pictures of girls I used to talk to. When she confronted me she was so angry she could barely speak. She just started throwing my stuff out. Ever since that day its been me & the streets. I didn't have anyone to depend on.
I'm Mac Evans. Some call me Max, and people like my mother by my dreaded government name that I won't disclose at this place and time. I'm 19 years old and I work at Tiffany's Nightclub. For some me it was the best job I could've gotten. I made a lot of money here to afford the little bit that I had. And although the money was the main perk, there was plenty of stuff to love about this place. They served great food and amazing drinks that most clubs don't take the time with. The girls were gorgeous, they danced so well & we had the best in house DJ in the whole town. So you could say I was kind of lucky to be here.

I was wiping down the bar, getting ready to close it up in 10 minutes. But of course somebody always comes up to order another drink. I hated making drinks after I already started cleaning up; it was annoying.
"Hey sweetie, what can I get for ya?" I ask not even looking up.
"You guys have any more Heinekens back there?" I hear a female voice ask.
Damn, I rarely hear girls order beer let alone Heineken. I looked up to see one of the prettiest brown skinned women I had ever laid eyes on. Her hair was long, black & thick. I wasn't sure if it was all hers, but I could appreciate a female who took extra care of her appearance. Unlike me, who never did a damn thing to my face or hair. Not to mention she was flashy as hell. She was dripping in name brands.
First of all she was holding a Giuseppe clutch. Thats damn near 1K right there. I could also tell that her dress was Armani because I had seen it on my Instagram newsfeed a few days ago. I think one of those Love & Hip-Hop girls wore it to a club event or something. So that means this girl is touching big money.

"As you wish, beautiful." I flirted.
She smiled at me. But it was more of a friendly grin than anything else. I fetched her beer out of one of the coolers by my feet & placed it down on a napkin & then proceeded to open it for her.
"Thank you, love." She replied.
"No problem, have a good night."
She turned to walk away but looked back at me one last time. I blushed & turned away, continuing to clean the bar. By the time I turned back she was gone. Damn, she was fine. Who was that girl?

I ended the night with over $300 in tips. That was my usual. But on a really good night or if there was an event going on I could make up to $1,500. Y'all know black people rarely tip; just being honest. These guys tip me half the time hoping I'll write my number on a napkin or something.
I hopped in a cab & made it back to the motel at about 5:30. I was so tired, all I wanted to do was hit that bed. I slept for 12 hours straight. I woke up to 3 missed calls from my older brother Monèt.
I called him back to see what he wanted. He wanted to meet up with me to talk & catch up. We hadn't been seeing a lot of each other ever since I left the house, we just linked up every once in a while. I lived in the city & he lived out in the suburbs with Mama.
So I took a cab to Kenwood Town Centre to meet up with him. Mo & I were the closest out of all my siblings. There were 5 of us & he was the only one who still checked up on me to see how I was. He even gave me money sometimes; although it was hard for me to take, I appreciated it. My pride would make it torturous to accept anything from anybody. Handling my own is what gave me a sense of accomplishment. If people just handed me stuff all the time without me working for it, I felt bad about accepting it.
We met up in the food court and I was starving since I had just woke up from hibernation. We ordered our meals & took refuge at a table off in a corner so we could have at least a little bit of privacy.
"How much did you make last night?" Mo asks.
"About $360," I replied.
"Damn, you usually make more."
"I know, it was a slow night."
"How have you been? I see you changed your hair,"
He was referring to me lightening my hair to a honey brown. I used to have jet black hair but that was getting boring as hell. I needed a change; something to make me feel different.
"I been fine, been thinking about moving." I replied.
"Oh really? Where?" Mo questioned.
"Maybe Atlanta or New York,"
"What brought this on?"
"Theres better clubs in those areas, I could make better money. Plus I was thinking of becoming a dancer."
Mo's eyes widened to the size of plates. I knew he wasn't going to like that idea but it was my decision.
"Are you sure about that?"
"Yeah. I need to make more money, Mo. I wanna live in my own place & not a motel room that I have to respect."
"I get that, Mac. But is this actually what you want?"
"Trust me, I got this." I assure him.
He was always so worried about nothing. I appreciated his concern though. I loved him for loving me so much. Lord knows I wasnt getting that kind of love anywhere else.
We finished up our food & walked around the mall for a little bit. Our visits were never long or anything like that. I didn't want Mama to find out he was seeing me & kick him out too. So I always kept our visits quick & straight to the point.
I kept bugging Mo about getting his own place but he was so afraid of having responsibilities. He'd never be able to live by himself without having a heart attack. He couldn't even wipe his ass without Mama's help.
Thank God I was so independent. I wasn't afraid of being alone. I was all ready to run away to another state just because money would be better. The thought of leaving my hometown of Cincinnati behind barely made me flinch. I cared so little for this place, I think thats why I was so eager to find something new.