~63~ Life as it happened

Comenzar desde el principio

"At a later time perhaps. For now I best be off, I need to speak with her family."

Burr turns, his brow painting a more thoughtful, yet narrow look.
"The (l/n)s? Hamilton, I wouldn't." He responds in a swift tone and the male in question turns to look back at him.
"They're quite busy-"

"With what?" Hamilton replies sharply, in a tone that suggested he had snapped in irritation, although his much more calm expression said otherwise.
"Trying to find their daughter?" He scoffs softly, shaking his head as he rolled his eyes and looked back at the male - stopping him from speaking up. "Has everyone turned a blind eye? Have you given up on them too, Burr?" He inquires coldly.

"Despite your accusation, I haven't- along with many others." The male's response was just as calm as ever.
"But we're not letting it consume us. I don't mean to intrude, Alexander, but why are you so attached to this? You weren't very close with Ms. (L/n)-"

"That shouldn't mean I have to pretend that nothing happened. At the very least she was an acquaintance; a friend."

"You're not the only one struggling." Burr calls out to the male as he turns on his heel - his frame moving to walk forward with a single pause of hesitancy.
"And I know you are struggling, Alexander, but we're here for you..."
Burr raises his hand out in front of him, grazing his friend's shoulder.
"And we need you here too. Elizabeth needs you- the present needs you."

The hall soon falls silent of their conversation, being replaced with a ghostly aura of forgotten foreboding before one of the male's swallow and Burr gestures with his hand, letting it lazily fall back to his side.

"Tomorrow." He speaks up and Hamilton glances back at him.
"My wife and I will be having a small trip to the bakery, as Mrs. Ingalls has been telling us about that young boy, he's picked up a lot; join us- bring Elizabeth if you want. It'll be a nice break."

"Parker?" Hamilton says softly, shaking his head to the dry tune of his chuckle. "He has quite the enthusiasm for helping others...works hard too."

"Mrs. Ingalls seems to have taken a liking to him from what she's told me, in passing at least." Burr tries to smile, his posture still straighter than the man by his side.
"She says he reminds her of when (y/n) was a small girl- just as messy, just as eager...that he enjoys listening to the stories she'd tell. I'd go as far as to say Parker takes some of her heartache away."

°
°
°

~~~ ((Y/n's) pov) ~~~

°
°
°

The room was cozy, wrapped up in a quiet warmth of unfocused conversations being whispered within its walls.

The light blue hue gave off an airy feeling - the white trim hugging the bottom half like stiff, lifeless clouds.

And although the room was one step away from silence, the shuffling from uniformed females moving around and setting up placements of ribbons, flowers, and assortments of different cloths and lists of possible menu items - was highly appreciated background noise.
The clicking of their heels seemed fast, yet calm and calculated, each step holding forms of grace and perfect posture.

The light from the window was also welcomed to my more quiet state, my frame slumped back only just in the chair I had sat on for the past good while. A table was patiently waiting by my left side - many different flowers and ribbons of various thicknesses and hues giving the wooden item a tone of upbeat elegance and new life.

The task I had at hand was simple.

Pick out the flowers I found the most appealing - ones I liked most.