Snowfall

- Okay wait, just slowly pull away -

- Do you think I'm not trying!? -

- AH, stop pulling aggressively! -

- Then what do you suggest I do instead!? -

- Stop panicking -

- Right....I'm gonna pull really hard once -

- James, no -

Sam yelped in pain as Bucky pulled away his Vibranium arm aggressively. "I HAVE A FLESH HAND!" Sam shrieked, pulling his arm closer to his chest, causing Bucky's metal hand to rest on his chest as well.
"Pull your hand away!" Sam retorted in annoyance.
"I tried!" Bucky retaliated with a scoff.
"Should've kept your sleeve on," Sam deadpanned.

Yes, it was snowing, yes, they're hands were stuck to each other's, yes, it was annoying the heck out of the both of them.
However, none of them could specifically point a reason as to 'why'. The mission was over, they just had to walk home; okay, maybe Sam had a reason - he couldn't fly because of Bucky's Vibranium hand adhered to his flesh one.
Every attempt at detaching his hand from Sam's attained Bucky nothing. He urged to remove his metal arm and hand it over to him but Sam declined the idea as soon as Bucky said it. Obviously, carrying a metal hand while an ex-assassin with just one arm walks beside you wouldn't be the most normal thing in the world.

Henceforth, both of them started walking home, to their shared apartment.

"Stop moving your hands," Sam hissed after stopping on his track.
"Why?" Bucky question, completely oblivious to the obvious.
"It makes it look like we're a couple," Sam responded, starting to walk again. The palm of his hand was tingling due to the constant glacial grasp of Bucky's frosty metal. He wanted to pull away, but there was no chance he could do so without getting the pad of his hand ripped out.

Any passer-by would easily misinterpret Sam and Bucky as a couple; they were after all holding hands while small flakes of snow were descending from the clouded sky. Both of them had a tinge of scarlet over their cheeks, but none of them knew why, hence blamed it on the cool weather.

Bucky slowly glanced at Sam, contemplating if he should say what he was about to say... "If people think that we're a couple - which we are not, there wouldn't be a problem....I guess," He stammered in a low voice, getting a sudden interest in his shoes. He could feel his cheeks burning up, although he would never actually admit it, Bucky admired Sam in ways more than Sam knows. However, there was a conformed feeling at the back of his head that his feelings will never be reciprocated; under no circumstances he wanted to lose the friendship he had built with Sam, not when he had no one beside him and his family.
For someone whose left arm senses nothing, the sparks he felt were overwhelming when Sam's hand collided with his.

Sam chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand, "Wasn't it enough for Captain America to be black?" He responded nonchalantly. It was already a shocker to people for Captain America to be black, he wasn't ready for another backlash. However, it was a shocker for him when a white man from the 40s(?) asked him that question.

Bucky did not respond and kept walking, a little embarrassed by the question. He could feel his cheeks burning up and his heart pounding in his chest.
"I'm sorry," He said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"For what?" Sam questioned, concern lacing his tone. Stopping on his tracks, he faced Bucky who was darting his eyes around.

"I just....never apologised....for - you know, before," Bucky stammered with several pauses and finally met the piercing brown eyes.
"Gee Barnes, it took you long enough," Sam chuckled, gesturing with his hands to show how much time had passed since then.
Bucky shook his head, eyes widening, "No I-" He hesitated before shaking his head again (aggressively this time). Before Sam could say anything, or comprehend whatever was going on inside of Bucky's mind, he detached his metal arm and started walking towards the opposite direction.