II

Rancis sighed depressingly. He had just arrived home from somewhere, and after setting the medium-sized box on his marshmallow bed, he glumly slumped himself down beside it. His cerulean blue eyes depicted disappointment, staring at the holey box settled down beside him. He had wanted to give this to a certain someone, but it seemed that he was already too late. He had gotten to her first, when Rancis was still hurrying back to his house to get that box after the race. His brow furrowed at the innocent, yellow box to his side, a frown on his face.

"It seemed that someone had gotten to her first, so would you mind waiting until tomorrow?" Rancis asked the box.

The box did not reply.

He let out a deep sigh, and then next came out a sleepy yawn. He was tired from all the racing he had done, and with him getting on his nerves all the time, it just made his day a lot worse. Not to mention that he had gotten to the president first, frustration swelled up inside of him. Oh God, this was turning out to be Rancis's worst day ever. If he didn't succeed on giving this present to her tomorrow, then he'll probably be lonely for the rest of his life.

"Don't worry, Rancis," he tried to comfort himself. "If you love yourself so much, then why wouldn't she? Just be yourself, just be Rancis..."

And so, after preparing for his beauty sleep and a quick admiration of his hand-held mirror, he laid on his bed and slept with the yellow box by his side.

Gloyd woke up to the feeling of eerie coldness sweeping past through him. He groggily opened his eyes, lazily wiping off the trail of saliva down the side of his mouth. It took a moment for the pumpkin head to realize that he had slept on the ground in his secret hideout, with the surrounding area illuminated only by the moonlight. He suddenly perked up when he heard soft groans behind him, thinking there were ghosts. But as he collected his thoughts and remembered everything before he slept, he turned around to see Vanellope sleeping behind him, curled up into a ball and was visibly shivering and glitching.

'Sh-She's freezing!' Gloyd thought in a panicking way. He immediately sat up and faced towards her, noticing that she was still without her hoodie. The said clothing was placed somewhere next to her. 'Oh man, oh man, oh man... She just had to take it off, did she? Well, it wasn't her fault since it was hot before, but now she's freezing!'

Gloyd tried to make an attempt on reaching out to her light green hoodie, and as he grabbed it, he was about to clothe Vanellope with it, when he realized that her hoodie didn't have a zipper. Rubbing his face with his hand, he tried to think of other ways to make Vanellope warm. He had thought of, ahem, hugging her, but he quickly dismissed it with a blush. 'Come on, Gloyd, think!'

Then he glanced over at his own jacket. It was almost a cliché story, but hey, at least the princess wasn't awake and they weren't in some park. In a secluded place, yeah, but she was asleep, and she was freezing. Gloyd then proceeded to take off his jacket, and then carefully made Vanellope wear it as he held her cold hands. He had also made her wear his own bonnet on her head, so as to at least warm her up a little more. He smiled at himself as Vanellope wasn't glitching anymore, and she had a peaceful look on her face as she remained curled up into a ball.

The coldness of the air suddenly striking him, Gloyd now realized that without his jacket's warmth to support him, he was now the one freezing. Clacking his teeth together as he hugged himself, his messy, dark brown hair swept backward as another cold breeze went past through him. Without his jacket, he was only wearing his white shirt, three candy corns imprinted on it. As his eyes darted around for any possible things to be warm enough, his dark orange eyes fell onto the light green hoodie on his hands, a sigh escaping from his lips.

'Okay, this is much worse than the cliché story of a guy giving his jacket to a girl...' Gloyd thought, his hand on his face as if attempting to cover the blush on his face. Without much choice, he then slipped the hoodie on, now feeling Vanellope's body warmth through it.