I

"Go for it, kid!"

The zooming of the racecars echoed in the distance as they crossed the finish line, with the audience cheering as loud as they could. Wreck-It Ralph was no exception, along with Fix-It Felix Jr. and Sergeant Tamora Jean Calhoun (Well, okay, Calhoun wasn't cheering; more like watching in amusement). The giant screen flashed on as the racers had put their racecars to rest, and everyone waited for the screen to show who had won. After a couple seconds of suspense, the screen flashed brightly with different colors to reveal the winner's name: Vanellope von Schweetz.

The audience exploded into a fit of cheering and shouting, while the said winner practically jumped up and down in ecstasy beside her racecar.

"Oh yeah! Now that's what I call getting sugar high!" she grinned widely as she pointed her hands to no one in particular. The other racers were bummed that they didn't win, but as a show of their sportsmanship, they smiled and shook hands with Vanellope.

"Congrats, Vanellope."

"That was a nice win."

"I could have won, but you beat me to it! Tee-hee!"

Vanellope smiled at the statements the other racers were saying to her. I mean, three years ago, and years before that, that same group of racers bullied and tormented her for being a mistake―a glitch. But after that little incident with King Candy/Turbo, with also swarms of Cy-bugs, she finally found out about her past identity, and during the next three years, those racers had formed a deep friendship with their rightful ruler of Sugar Rush, Princess―now, President―Vanellope von Schweetz.

"Good job out there, kid."

Among the people who had surrounded her to congratulate the winner, a single, deep, and familiar voice caught Vanellope's attention. She turned, and there she saw her good ol' friend Ralph waving at her with his freakishly big hand. Felix and Calhoun were trailing behind, holding each other's hands. Vanellope immediately shot up in excitement upon seeing her best friend, and quickly left the center of attraction to tackle the big guy with a hug. Ralph could only grin at her actions.

"Ralphie!" Vanellope chirped.

"Whoa, slow down there, sport," Ralph exclaimed as he lightly ruffled Vanellope's hair. The said winner looked up with her usual toothy grin. "You're already fast when on the tracks; even when you're not, you're still hyper!"

"Well, that's because we're on Sugarland! So, I'm always hyper!"

Vanellope's code spazzed out as she said the word hyper, and as a kind of short-distance teleportation skill, she materialized over Ralph's shoulders. The sudden change of weight almost made the bad guy tumble over, but he kept his balance and managed with Vanellope now sitting over her shoulders. The president narrowed her eyes as she scanned the area from the height and position she was in, and with her much taller figure, compared to when she was still twelve, she felt so... tall.

"Hey, Vanellope," Felix's voice came from behind Ralph. The said wrecker turned around for the former princess to see the fixer, and Vanellope greeted Felix and Calhoun with a smile. "Congratulations on winning the race. And also, happy 16th anniversary!"

"Thanks, Felix!"

Calhoun regarded the racer with a proud smile, and Vanellope responded with a toothy grin. During the three years of Felix and Calhoun's marriage, it was very noticeable that the sergeant had become quite... soft. Actually, she's mostly like this when her husband is around. But when she's off to work, you'll see the normal Calhoun with her trusty laser beam gun by her side―strict and tough, as usual.

Everything around was as merry as it could be, but within Ralph, for some apparent reason, he suddenly went on a trip down memory lane. He remembered when he was still being treated as a bad guy even though it was only his job. He remembered that party―and that cake―when it all started. He remembered when he played Hero's Duty in order to obtain a medal. He remembered the first time he met that little rascal in Sugar Rush. And he remembered all of the good times he had spent with her. And then he remembered that time when everything was over, and she was suddenly the princess of Sugarland. They were all such memorable times, whether they were good or bad, and to think that it all happened three years ago.