"Barely, but progress." Justus interrupted me.

"Justus. I'm going to work tomorrow and if it turns out bad I'll take more time off like you and Keem are trying to force me to do."

"Wait a minute, you aren't even supposed to be fucking driving! Messiah."

He's just now realizing that? I sighed leaning back on the bed. "Fine I won't go but since tomorrow is my birthday I'll go see my dad instead."

"How you going to get there?"

"Drive?"

"You're not driving. I'll drive you."

"Justus I was driving perfectly fine before. I can do it you don't have to baby me. I'm grown."

"Your point is?"

"Fine Justus. You can take me."

"I wasn't asking anyways. I was telling you but okay, I guess."
————
"Get out of the car Justus. You're coming in too."

"Man Messiah fuck-,"

I quickly flicked his bottom lip looking at the back seat. "J, said bad word." Delilah pointed out. "I'm sorry Delilah. I won't say it again." He said turning to look at Delilah who was mostly paying attention to her learning games on her IPad.

"Okay Justus come on." I opened my door walking to the driver side opening his door. I started walking to the back to get Delilah before Justus said he'd get her instead.

We walked in the prison and got patted down to make sure we didn't have anything on us. Delilah wouldn't even let the man get close to her and I had to calm her down before we could walk any farther into the prison. Seeing her cry like that really hurt me.

"I don't want to be here," he mumbled putting his hands in his pockets.

"Clearly you do if you wanted to come with me so bad."

"Not to meet your father, Messiah. I just didn't want you driving."

I shrugged his shoulders as I waited for my dad to walk in when he did I started to smile before it fell. I forgot about the whole situation. He walked up to the table, sitting down as he was eyeing Justus who had Delilah on his lap. "Who the fuck is you?"

"Bad word grandpa. This is J." Delilah introduced. Justus mugged him back.

My dad looked over at me and I nodded knowing what he was going to ask. He immediately started smiling. "Oh y'all dating, that's all you had to say," Justus looked to the side as Delilah looked up at me confused. "You and J, date?"

I nodded my head again as Delilah laughed. "Daddy got a boyfriend!"

I playfully rolled my eyes making her laugh more.

"Happy birthday, son. You're twenty years old now. When I turned twenty your mom put on a red-,"

"I don't want to know and there's children at the table." Justus looked up, mugging me.

"I ain't no child."

"You act like one-,"

"Messiah, shut up talking to me."

"Where's Mayla she usually comes with you," I looked to the side ignoring his question. "How's jail been treating you?"

"Nigga what you mean? Like shit."

"Grandpa!" Delilah yelled shaking her head in a disappointed motion. He apologized before turning back to me once again.

"You didn't answer my question." I played it off acting like I didn't know what question he was talking about. He then looked to Justus who shrugged his shoulders.

"Messiah," my dad warned.

"I don't know we fell out and now we don't talk anymore," 

"What happened? Y'all should fixed it Messiah I'm sure whatever you guys are mad at each other about is just something silly. Can y'all fix it?"

Before I shook my head Delilah started talking instead. "TT, mommy, and Ten be mean to me."

"Huh? You saw your mommy?" Delilah shook her head yes.

"And she was mean to you?" She shook her head yes again. "Well where is she now?"

"TT, her and Ten is at they house. Uncle Vonte and J picked me up." My dad looked up at me confused on what Delilah was trying to say. I didn't want to tell my dad what happened now he only got one fucking child and the other one is dead, my boyfriend killed his daughter.

"Messiah what is she talking about?"

Justus huffed putting Delilah down in the seat next to him. He leaned over the table as close as he could to my dad without the guards getting alarmed and started whispering to him. I'm guessing he told the whole story. My dads face fell as he looked over to me and Delilah.

"I'm sorry dad-,"

"It's not your fault Messiah. They were abusing Delilah and Justus did what he had to do to get her back. I would've never thought Mayla would do something like that especially since she was once in that position before too. Do you know where she's at?"

So Justus didn't say he killed her.

I shook my head no.

"One minute left!" A guard yelled.

"I'm getting out early. I get out next month, don't tell your mom though and Messaih call your damn mother she keep calling me saying you don't be picking up the phone nor do you call her."

"I will dad. I'll call her when I get home,"

"Bye Delilah, bye son and law."

"We ain't married," Justus mumbled as he lazily waved to my dad that was disappearing behind the metal door.

"I want ice cream."