Chapter 16

Messiah-

"I'm gonna be a minute. I gotta talk to Delilah's teacher." I told Justus while getting out of the car. "She's gonna come back here can you put her in her seat?"

Once he said yeah and got out the car to wait for Delilah I walked into the school."

"Daddy!"

Delilah ran up to me with a coloring book piece of paper. It was a lion that she had colored Purple, pink, and green. The background was red grass. Very interesting choice of colors.

"I made this for you," she handed me the picture making me smile. "It's beautiful, I like how you made the lions fur pink." I said to let her know that I did actually look at it.

"How about you go show J what you made me." I pointed to where J was standing. I held the door open as she ran outside. I laughed at the book bag that was too big for her small body.

I watched as Justus picked her up and listened to whatever she was saying, he kept nodding his head as he was getting her into the car.

"Mr. Harris," I looked over at the teacher that was calling my name.

I walked over to her going into the classroom. "Delilah is a bright little girl and she is extremely smart, but she have been getting into problems."

"Problems like what?" I questioned.

"You're a single father, yes?"

"I am." I nodded again.

"I just wanted to confirm that."

I nodded my head slowly.

"Delilah got into a argument with another student that said that she didn't have a mom. I didn't report it because she is overall a good student and there was no physical contact. She got into another fight but this time it was fist involved. She didn't come into the building yesterday so I'm telling you today."

"I'm sorry for her behavior, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again." 

"We spoke with the other students parents as well, Thank you."

I walked up to the car opening the door. "Daddy is back!" Delilah yelled. "What the teacher had to say?" Justus asked. Delilah immediately went quiet.

"Delilah you shouldn't be putting your hands on these kids."

"Unless they hit you first." Justus piped in. I ignored his comment continuing.

"What I tell you?"

"Be good in school but I am!" She started to cry. I'm not even yelling at her.

"Her told me I no have a mom because her don't pick me up."  She started to cry more. I sighed. Turning my back painfully to looks at the crying girl in the back seat.

"You ignore that, D."

"I did! Then her be mean to me." She started to slightly hiccup with her cries.

"You made her cry." Justus said. He is also now painfully turning his body to look at the crying girl.

"Okay D, just don't hit anybody."

"Unless that hit you first." Justus said again.

Delilah nodded her head wiping her tears. "Okay."

I turned back around to start driving to the nearest ice cream parlor, which was Dairy Queen. "Daddy did you talk to mommy?" 

"Yeah, D."

"What her say?"

"She might come tomorrow." Justus whipped his head to look at me. I didn't tell him that part. "I'm coming too then." He mumbled.