CHAPTER XXI: TIME MACHINE

Start from the beginning

techno stopped, still towering over the knight who dropped to the ground on their knees, shaking in horror upon facing the blood god. techno cleared his throat. "i need to see dream please." he stated with a hint of intent. the knight gulped, nodding and standing to get up and back away before dream came out from the shadows, lightly pushing the knight aside.

dream craned his neck up at the pink-haired man, half dried blood staining his simplistic smiling mask. "techno, we meet again." dream said, blankness in his voice as he gripped on his bow and arrow. "i'm ending this, dream." techno's eyes flashed in a threatening red, getting in stance and raising his sword to strike.

however, dream put his hand up in surrender. "wait techno! we have a problem with king!" he yelled out, the mini skirmishes around them from knights fighting slowing down and coming to a pause to pay attention to dream and techno in the middle of the plaza square. "what is it?" techno played along, still having his sword raised as he didn't trust dream.

dream sighed, putting his arrow back in his quiver and holding his bow by his side. "king... he's drunk." he lightly pinched in front of his mask where his nose bridge would be underneath it. "it's embarrassing." he trailed off, shaking his head. techno frowned, still not taking what sounded like a bluff.

"it's true!" a knight fighting on manberg's side inched closer into view, waving his arm in the air. "king's about to pass out in the caravan." techno quirked his eyebrow up, his eyes flickering between dream and the knight. he wouldn't be surprised, but he could care less.

dream stared at techno. "need proof?" he asked, waiting for techno to put his weapon down. techno squinted at the masked man, his eyes scanning the area for confirmation. it was silent as knights from both sides surrounding techno and dream all nodded. that was when techno slowly let down his sword, still gripping onto it but not in a fighting stance.

dream cocked his head to the side, motioning for everyone to follow him. techno looked over to the top of a certain building, his eyes falling on wilbur and phil who were watching with slight uncertainty. even techno sensed it from afar. techno gave them a nod, signaling to follow along. wilbur and phil looked at one another, phil shrugging and beckoning wilbur to come with him.

as dream walked back in the starting area in neutral territory, the caravan becoming perceptible in the middle of the plains biome, crowds of fighters from both sides walked side by side, all of them whispering to one another about what was happening. they looked at each other, seeing both sides with horrible injuries. they certainly did fight to the death. finally the moment when they got to breathe, they did it in unity.

when they all gathered around the caravan, dream went to open the door, finding it locked. "dammit." he muttered out of frustration. "do you know how to pick locks?" techno asked, dream turning to him silently to stare at him and then then back at the caravan door, kicking the door down.

since there were still a lot of knights left (maybe not as much as the beginning of war but still plentiful), some knights tried to go in the caravan from the door. others surrounded the outside, placing stairs to go up on to reach the windows, and others helped each other climb on top of the roof, opening the skylight to have a view looking down inside the caravan.

when dream, techno, and a very small group of knights got inside the caravan, they all opened the blacked-out windows, letting sunlight in and seeing the worn out faces of the knights staring into the scene. everyone laid their eyes upon a knocked out king, a whole mini shelf of alcohol bottles now emptied beside the manbergian.

king's chest was rising and falling, but at an extremely slow rate, the potent stench of alcohol lingering in the air. once the sunlight hit his face, king groaned quietly, his head slightly shifting to the side being one of the only movements of his body he's made in the past hours of battle. he clearly looked agitated and out of it, his eye bags more apparent under the light, hair messy, and clothes unbuttoned.