"So we'll get the gold after you come back, it's no big deal. It'll give us more time to prepare." Pope shrugged.

"I guess, but I swear that man is going to kill me." John B said.

"Hey, that man is my dad." Sarah said, hitting the shoulder of her boyfriend.

"Sorry, but you know it's true."

"Yeah, you're dead meat." Sarah joked.

"We'll be fine, you go fishing with your father-in-law." JJ said, wrapping his arm about my waist as he leant against my leg.

"Okay... yeah, I'll be fine, I'm overreacting." John B said, mostly convincing himself.

"Totally."

___________

Sarah, Kie and I sat in the van together, looking at the drawing Pope and John B had made of the plan to get the gold.

"He said it looked something like this." Kie said, pointing out something in the very poor drawing.

"So..." Sarah said, not precisely following what the drawing is supposed to be.

"That's 50 getting down, and they're using 100 feet rope." Kie said, dragging her finger over the lines.

"This doesn't make the slightest bit of sense." I laughed.

"So I guess this little wagon will go straight to the gold room." Kie said in between laughs.

"Who drew this." Sarah said while laughing as she was shaking her head.

"Who do you think?" Kie said, looking at us once before turning to Pope and John B, who drew the picture. Pope was looking back as us, well mostly as Kie, with a stupid smile on his face. He totally liked her, and Kie had no idea.

I got out of the van when JJ and I locked eyes and he nodded to me, silently asking me to come to him.

Once I reached him, he grabbed my hand as he leant against a tree. "So," he started off. "I think it's safe to say, we're not just friends." He said, a little more nervous than he usually is.

"Oh definitely, yeah." I said.

"So what would you say if I called you my girlfriend from now on." He said with a smirk as he pulled on my hand so I would stand just a bit closer.

"I'd say that I'd very much like that." I said with a cheeky grin, stepping closer once more.

"Good call." He said taking the last step go close the gap. He reached up his rough hands to my cheek, holding my face in his hands as he leaned in. I grabbed the sides of his t shirt, keeping him close as I leaned in as well until our lips met.

Our kisses had always been quite innocent, but this time it felt different. Maybe it was because I could finally call JJ my boyfriend, or maybe it was some complete other reason that I can't think off.

He moved his lips with mine as if they were made to do that and it just felt perfect in that moment, a moment that I wanted to have lasted forever if it could, but Kie's voice cut us off.

"Hey, I don't wanna interupt, but we have actual important shit to do. So if you could stop the PDA shit, I'd really appreciate that, thank you!" She yelled, making me pull away with a laugh.

I leant my head on JJ chest as I waited for the blush on my cheeks to falter. Once the heat on my face mostly went away, I pulled my head back. JJ grabbed the bars of gold and walked to Kie.

Who was standing by the van, ready with safety goggles and her burner in her hand. She had an excited look on her face.

"Kie, this better work." JJ said as he threw the gold on the floor of the van. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

"It's gonna work." Kie said, holding up the burner.

The two had put the gold in a pan and held the burner above it, melting down the gold. Pope and JJ looked at it proudly as they did their little pogue handshake.

The next thing to do is to pawn it off, how hard could that he. It is just a little lie.

_____________

Two updates in a day!!! What the hell. I feel like I kind of owed it to you guys, since I have been MIA for the past 2 months or so. So here's 2 chapters. This one has A LOT of Jess and JJ so yeah, it was fun to write!!!

I have not checked this chapter on any mistakes or typos so please ignore that.

Also, this story is almost at 100k reads, like that's fucking crazy.

Don't be a ghost reader :))
♡♡