We stepped inside the room, the torch casting a warm glow on everything it touched. The first thing I noticed was an egg, a dragon egg, but it wasn’t whole. It was shattered, cracked and leaking. The clear goo that usually resided in it was lying all over the floor, along with blood, and walking further into the room I could see a small baby dragon lying there. Only, it was dead, a dagger in its chest. I choked back a sob, stumbling backwards. Onyx whimpered, nudging the dead dragon on the ground, while I clutched Harry’s shirt tightly. I sobbed, crying for the poor little dragon that didn’t even have a chance, and for the rider that will never meet his or her dragon but will always feel the loss.

Harry ran a hand up and down my back, but continued to bring us further into the horrible room, the firelight shining on everything. Oddly enough, the room was mostly empty, save for a few more dragons like the last, but we hadn’t finished exploring it yet. We still had one corner of the room we had yet to see. Slowly and carefully we walked to the corner, spotting a large wooden crate, silver lacing the sides and a large rock placed on top. With Harry’s help, we removed the stone, allowing it to fall harshly to the ground. We pried the lid off the box, and I gasped at what was inside.

It was a box of dragon eggs.

Sure, there weren’t all that many, but there were more than a few. With Harry’s help, we dragged the box out of the dark room, careful of the dead dragons littering the floor of the room in spots. The eggs than began to rattle a bit, and I knew they wanted to get to their riders. So, Harry and I stepped back, Onyx carefully watching the crate from where he had climbed on Harry’s shoulder once again, as the eggs began to roll. The incredible urge to find their riders pulling them to their homes. To a place where their lives would begin, a place they could now live in freedom rather than in hiding.

Not only were they free, but we were all free. We all could go home, we all could be ourselves, we all could be free. We no longer had to live in hiding, no longer had to live in oppression. We had a chance to change, a chance to stray from the past and learn from mistakes.

We had a chance to be happy and free. And that was a chance I would take, a chance I would make into reality.

This was home now, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Bane was home, the clan was home, the country was home.

Harry was home.

I was finally home.

--------------------------

Holy crabcakes. That was the last chapter. How could I? I am really going to miss this story.

So Tomlinshaw happened, Ziam is okay and lovey dovey still. The clan and riders and all those oppressed are free. AND, it was a happy ending!

Now, how did you guys feel about this story as a whole?

How did you like the ending?

Any questions that haven’t been answered?

Is there anyone I didn’t add in? (like the witches ending etc)

Will the mythical underground stay underground?

Will this be their happy ending?

What did you think of the baby dragons? Who did that to them? Why?

Will the eggs find their riders?

I want to give each and every one of you a huge thank you for reading and voting and commenting. You’re all incredible and this story wouldn’t have been as good as it is without you guys!

There will be an epilogue, and after a thank you chapter.

{Happily Ever After will be the story I start after the ‘complete’ button is checked on this story}

Dedication to the commenter that:

Can comment the best song to fit in the book or for the book as a whole?

OR

Can make me laugh?

{What are some of your favorite stories on here? I love ‘This’ by Fadedlines, ‘Confessions of a gay Disney prince’ by JeddieJay, ‘Sext me’ by zarrycupcake. Etc. etc., but I’m always up for some new stories.}

100 comments for an update by Monday?

Xx Val