The birds sang, welcoming us into the castle while the leaves danced around the entrance. We walked up the large stone steps, leading up to the doorway of the castle. The air was filled with the sweet smell of flowers, and rain, the ground slightly damp causing our boots to squeak lightly on the smooth rock. We stepped through the large doors, the hallway into it lit up with sunlight streaming through the colorful stained glass windows in the ceiling.  The floor was adorned with a blood red carpet, over the smooth marble floors, our wet footprints imprinted into it, making it an even darker red. A few torches aligned the walls, all unlit and held in a dark metal holder. As we traveled further down the hall, more doors appeared in our visions, aligning each side of the hall in twos and threes.

“We’ll split up, venture out and explore the castle a bit, before we make it our home.” I said, hand gripping Harry’s tighter in a way to show him that we would be sticking together. He smiled gently, nodding in response in a way that made me feel like I was a little crazy to think otherwise. Nick and Louis went one way, after nodding in agreement, their hands entwined and smiles on their faces. I was happy that Lou found someone. Zayn and Liam split off in the opposite direction, exchanging giggles and hushed whispers causing me to fondly roll my eyes at the pair. Kyle, Clark and Demetri all wandered off through another door, nodding and deciding to stay together, leaving only Harry and I behind. I smiled gently at the lad, one he returned, and laughed as Onyx jumped from his shoulder causing him to panic slightly. He playfully glared at me, eyes going back to watch a perfectly fine Onyx sniff the place.

He growled slightly, running down the hall, soon followed by Harry and then me. Harry was panicking slightly, and I remember that phase- it never truly went away, the fear of losing your dragon. After winding through a few long hallways, and ducking into a few corridors I could officially say we were most likely lost. But, that didn’t seem like much of a problem when I had finally caught up to the dragon and rider duo. Harry seemed to be scolding Onyx, worry shining in his eyes, but the dragon seemed too preoccupied with the large dark brown wood door in front of us. His eyes were locked, anger filling them, a low growl leaving his throat. Harry seemed surprised, but looked at the door with curiosity filling his eyes, while I stared at it warily. What could be in there, to make the little dragon loathe it so much?

“Have you ever been in here Harry?” I questioned cautiously, watching as he gently placed the small dragon on his shoulder before curiously stepping towards the door. He glanced over at me before shaking his head ‘no’, his eyes dancing with wonder and curiosity.

“No, I’ve never been allowed up here. I’m usually in the dungeons, or in the tactics room. I never even knew this existed, but I did know there was a specific room with a door that was never allowed to open. Maybe this is it.” Harry explained, and I nodded, but placed a careful hand on his bicep. It was a silent warning, a plea for him to be careful. He smiled reassuringly though, jiggling the handle only to find it locked. He huffed a bit, throwing more force behind his movements, and for a second I was scared he would hurt himself. Huffing again, he stepped back and for a minute I thought we would just forget about the existence of this room, but instead of leaving he drew his leg back, and kicked the door with an alarming amount of force. The door rattled roughly, a loud creak escaping it, but it stayed in place. Harry did it once, twice more, and with a third and final kick, the door broke open.

It creaked on its hinges as it swung inward, revealing a pitch black room. I looked inside, seeing nothing due to the darkness. Seconds later Harry came over, a torch in his hands. Onyx happily trotted over to him, opening his mouth as to breathe fire. But I knew that fire wasn’t possible at the moment, not with his age and size. A spark maybe, but not flames. But, the dragon tried nonetheless, and a spark did go shooting from its mouth, lighting up the torch effectively. I smiled, the little thing looking extremely pleased with himself. I smiled wider when my eyes locked with the proud emerald ones of my boyfriend. He looked so incredibly happy and proud that I couldn’t help but smile and be happy for the both of them.