23: An Unreal Restart

Start from the beginning

"You mean her man," Sarah scoffed, her beige heels clacking loudly against the ground as she proceeded towards the couch.

"Hi peeps," Sam greeted with a tray of cups, entering the hall followed by Ray.

"Hey, who's this...?" Sarah's eyes wandered to Ray's stiffened self.

Ray usually never found himself timid when meeting strangers but knowing they were Y/n's and Sam's acquaintances, he couldn't help but nervously scratch his nape,
"Uh... I'm Ray..."

"From Grace Field, y'know..." Sam placed the cups in front of the bunch.

"Oh! Right, you guys finally found these two douches, huh? Good job," Sarah grinned, lightening the mood.

She extended her hand towards Ray which he firmly shook,
"I'm Sarah Hughes, and I'm an african-american. Very unique, Y/n and Sam call me."

"The name's Victor Brown, American and Very Unique's boyfriend," the blonde introduced himself.

Sam rolled his eyes, sitting himself beside his girlfriend.

"You can sit, Ray, we don't mind," Sam ushered the male to sit next to him.

"So you finally learnt how to make Caramel Frappe, huh?" Sarah remarked.

"Pardon?" an irk mark appeared on Sam's forehead.

"Kidding," she snickered, dismissing him.

"Anyways, we have a new case. And I assume you will be very interested in it, including your Grace Field family," Victor handed over a laptop to her.

Inquisitive, Y/n raised a brow,
"Yeah? Tell us about it."

She began,
"Some of William Minerva's supporters had made it to the human world. But an account made in 2046 states how they were no where to be found. It's believed they were probably killed."

"An investigation then?" Sam guessed.

She nodded her head ecstatically,
"Yep! We have a few leads and we need both of you on the case, taking in consideration your experience with such occurences. Though, I can't get the others license but they could work on the sidelines, that is if they wish to."

"Ray?" Y/n tilted her head in the said boy's direction.

He shrugged,
"Sure, I guess..."

"Sarah..." Victor pouted.

"What?"

"Hurry up~" he droned.

"You aren't even doing your job, jerk!" she snapped.

He whined,
"But we have a date!"

"Shut it!"

"Anyways, yeah, I have mailed you all the files. Investigation starts next week," she stood up and slung her purse over her shoulder.

"Next week? That's too soon," Sam groused.

"Stop complaining, Sam! Grow up, boy, you have a girl to take care of. And Y/n has a child to babysit," she winked playfully at the two.

"Hey! I'm an year older than her!" he scrunched his nose.

"Hush," Y/n shook her head.