𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER NINETEEN
"Different"
——

Nova sat up on the bed while Octavia sat beside trying to help her stand to her feet. Octavia wasn't allowed upstairs of the drop ship where the grounder was so she stayed nearby downstairs until she was aloud in. Nova stood to her feet with Octavia holding her waist and one of her hands.

"It was just my chest, I think I can walk Octavia" Nova jokes taking a few steps forward before slightly tripping over her feet. "Is that right?" Octavia says standing in front of Nova holding her hands.

Nova smiles and looks down at her feet when Octavia brushes her fingers on Nova's cheek and pushes the few strands of hair behind her ear. Nova glares her eyes straight ahead at Octavia and tugs out a smile when the hatch opens above them.

Octavia looks over to Bellamy climbing down the ladder and pushes past Nova. Nova grabs onto one of the railings when Clarke comes in the drop ship and quickly goes over to Nova and guides her to her bed.

"You should be resting" Clarke states and Nova sighs "I want to walk" Nova says and Clarke shakes her head, letting out a soft chuckle while the siblings Octavia and Bellamy have a chat.

"I let him live. Isn't that enough?" Bellamy pleads looking at Octavia. "He saved my life and yours" Octavia states pointing upstairs to where the grounder is located. "I know you see it that way, but..." Bellamy says and Octavia shakes her head in disagreement.

"That's the way it is" Octavia says while Clarke and Nova look at each other discreetly while the argument breaks out in front of them. Bellamy then turns to leave but stops when Clarke stops him.

"Bellamy" Clarke says when Bellamy rolls in eyes annoyed. Octavia comes and sits next to Nova. "You okay?" Nova asks before Octavia forces a smile on her face and nods.

"I'll get you some water" Octavia says with a huff before walking out the drop ship and Nova situates herself on the bed. "The Ark found some old records that show a supply depot not too far from here" Nova hears Clarke whisper to Bellamy.

"What kind of supplies?" Bellamy questions softly. "The kind that might give us a chance to live through winter. I'm gonna go check it out. I could use backup" Clarke says looking around the drop ship and glances at Nova who quickly looks away.

Bellamy glances up at Nova who's pretending not to listen and then back to Clarke nodding his head. "I'll get my stuff, meet you in ten" Bellamy says as Octavia walks in with a metal cup filled with water and walks over to Nova placing it in her hands.

Clarke nods her head to Bellamy's answer and leaves while the two Blake siblings glare at one another leaving Nova feeling uncomfortable while sipping her water until Bellamy finally leaves.

——

"How you feeling?" Finn asks while him and Raven stand in the dropship checking on Nova. "I feel fine and I would like to walk" Nova says glaring at Octavia. "Hey, Clarke's orders" Octavia defends jokingly when Clarke walks in the drop ship.

"That's right you need to rest" Clarke says standing next to Finn and looks over at Raven then down at Nova who's laying down and it's like Clarke and Nova's world stop spinning, Nova feels safe around Clarke... and Octavia.

Clarke clears her throat escaping her thoughts and looking away from Nova. "I'm leaving but I'll be back later. Make sure she rests and keep the camp organized and saving some of the rations" Clarke says and everyone nods there head.

"Oh! and Nova your mom is waiting to talk to you" Clarke says and Nova gets a huge smile on her face and nods her head.

"Let's get a move on Clarke" Bellamy says looking his head in the drop ship when Clarke puts her back pack on and leaves the drop ship. Nova sits up on the bed when Octavia rushes over and helps her to her feet.

"Listen, I can walk to the tent next door" Nova says and Octavia takes a minute to think before slowly stepping away from Nova. "Fine but you better come back in one piece" Octavia says making Raven and Finn chuckle as Nova walks past them and leaves the drop ship.

Nova looks over to the Clarke and Bellamy leaving camp when she sees Dax, one of the other male delinquents start following them out. Nova notices Clarke and Bellamy don't look like they've invited him or even notice he followed. Nova takes a deep breath and steps into the tent and sits in one of the chairs and sees her mom on the screen.

Nova's eyes become watery when looking at her mother because she realizes it's been a long time since she seen her mother and she hopes she'll see her in person soon. "Mom.." Nova cries out softly while her mom lets out a chuckle and a sniffle.

"Hi, How is.. Everything?" Layla, Nova's mom asks. Nova clears her throat "Um.. I— I was hurt by one of the grounders" Nova says and her mother's eyes widen.

"That was you who needed help on the ground! Nova!" Layla exclaims and Nova sighs. "I'm fine mom, I promise" Nova reassures and her mother sighs.

"We don't get long but I love you.. so much" Layla says and Nova nods her head. "I love you too mom.. May we meet again" Nova says and her mom smile.

"Momento Vivere (remember to live)" Layla says and Nova sighs forcing a smile. Nova's mother knows she doesn't like that phrase or believe in it but Nova nods her head and says the phrase back to her.

Nova watches her mother leave and as Nova stands up from her seat she watches someone... a guard sit down in front of the camera. "Nova.. Nova Bailey" The girl says and Nova slowly sits back down in her seat.

"Yes?" Nova says as the guard gets a evil grin on his face. "Don't think we forgot what you did. Your records may have been swiped clean from the computers but not our brains. We'll see you soon" The guard says before standing to his feet and leaving the camera view and Nova speechless.

Nova thought it was forgotten, the horrible thing she done and got punished for over and over is coming back to haunt her again. Nova stands from her seat and walks out the tent wiping her eyes.

Nova walks into the dropship taking deep breaths before she sees Octavia climb down the hatch. Nova sits on the bed looking down when Octavia takes a seat next to her.

"Are you okay?" Octavia asks wiping her hands off on her pants when Nova looks up at her and shakes her head. "I- I thought things were gonna be different" Nova says and Octavia furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Octavia asks and Nova swallows the lump in her throat then stands to her feet. "I'm going for a walk" Nova states and Octavia rushes in front of her.

"No, Clarke said rest" Octavia says and Nova sighs and rushes past Octavia. "I don't give a damn! I need to do— Something before everything changes!" Nova screams out, Octavia a little taken back nods her head "Alright, I understand" Octavia says and Nova nods her head before walking out the drop ship and grabbing one of the knifes off the wooden table made by one of the delinquents and begins walking out of camp gripping her knife tightly.

"Momento Mori (remember you have to die)" Nova mumbles while walking thorough the woods holding onto her chest and groaning in slight pain but continues walking.