𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
"No promises"
——

Nova stops seizing after awhile and things start to calm down. "It's stopped, quick help me get her on her side" Clarke sighs talking to Octavia who rushes over and helps Clarke put Nova on her side and get the fluid out of her mouth.

Clarke places her hand on Nova's head and realizes her forehead and heating up. "She's burning up!" Clarke shouts and Raven has a confused look on her face.

"What went wrong?" Raven questions. "I-I did everything she told me. Wait I've seen this before, shortness of breath, fever, seizing it's poison" Clarke says getting a worried look on her face. "Poison! Poison?" Octavia exclaims.

"Clarke you sterilized everything I watched you do it!" Raven shouts and Clarke shakes her head. "Not everything" Clarke says as she grabs the knife that was in Nova's chest.

Clarke begins to climb the ladder. "Clarke they locked the hatch" Octavia says and Clarke sighs and begins banging on the hatch. "Open the door! Now!" Clarke shouts banging on the hatch.

The banging continues and Miller opens the hatch. "Out of my way Miller! Now!" Clarke says pushing past Miller and rushing up to the grounder.

"What's on this?" Clarke asks putting the knife in the grounders face. "Clarke, What are you talking about?" Bellamy says grabbing Clarke's arm but she snatches it away.

"He poisoned the blade! All this time he knew Nova was going to die no matter what we did! What is it?! Is there an antidote?" Clarke begs and slowly becomes impatient.

Octavia looks at the ladder and back at Nova "I'll be back watch her" Octavia says and goes up the ladder. Clarke grabs the grounders stuff and sees small bottles of liquid in glass bottles. "You'd have to stupid to have a poison around this long with an antidote. Which one?" Clarke asks tapping the knife above each bottle but he doesn't answer.

"Show us, please" Octavia begs "Which one? Our friend is dying down there and you can stop that!" Clarke shouts as a tear falls down her cheek.

"Just tell us!" Octavia pleads as Bellamy uses his knife to cut the grounders shirt. "Show us the antidote or you'll wish you had" Bellamy demands but the grounder doesn't answer so Bellamy whips with seat belts.

"Please! Which one's the antidote?" Clarke says kneeling before the antidotes but still.. doesn't answer. Clarke shakes her head putting her head down as a tear falls from her cheek. Bellamy places a hand on her shoulder and she stands up and walks away. Bellamy whips the grounder again.

Nova ended up seizing again. "Clarke! She's getting worse" Raven says and Clarke pushes her hair back. "Clarke, you have to get that antidote" Finn says and Clarke slams her hand on the wall.

"I know! I know" Clarke exclaims taking a deep breath and climbing back up the latter. "Clarke—" Bellamy says but Clarke interrupts him.

"I'm not leaving until I get that antidote" Clarke states confidently. Bellamy steps towards the grounder holding the knife. The grounder says nothing and Bellamy stabs him through the hand.

Raven feels Novas pulse and realizes she isn't breathing. Raven gives Nova CPR and gets her breathing again but believes next time she won't make it.

Raven climbs up the ladder determined "Clarke she stopped breathing. I got her to breath again but next time she won't" Raven states as Finn climbs up the ladder.

"He won't tell us anything" Clarke says and Finn sighs. "We need that antidote or Nova won't live" Finn states and Raven sighs grabbing electrical wires. "Clarke, you want her to live right?" Raven asks and Clarke nods.

Raven places the wires on the grounder shocking him. "Which one is it? Come on!" Raven screams shocking him again. "Raven.. Raven!" Finn pulls Raven away.

"Stop! Stop!" Octavia says pushing Raven away. "Nova's dying Octavia!" Clarke screams angrily and Octavia sucks her teeth "I know! Just—" Octavia gets on her knees and grabs the knife on the ground and cuts her arm.

"He won't let me die" Octavia states and Bellamy steps forward "Octavia!" Bellamy exclaims but Clarke holds him back.

"Please.. she's innocent" Octavia pleads pointing to the antidotes. Octavia lifts a vial towards the grounder and he nods. She hands Clarke the vial and Clarke thanks her before rushing down the ladder.

Bellamy reaches for Octavia "Don't touch me! I need to see Nova" Octavia swatting his hand away and going down the ladder.

Clarke gives Nova the antidote and Nova still lays there unconscious. Octavia comes down the ladder and walks towards Nova and pushes her hair back.

"Nova.. I'm so sorry please wake up" Octavia begs softly kisses Nova's cheek. Clarke notices and rubs Nova's arm not wanting to interfere. Raven, Finn and Octavia leave the drop ship for a little after Octavia got her cut fixed by Clarke.

Clarke stared at Nova's unconscious body and began sobbing pushing her hair back. "Nova, please wake up. Your the only one who understands" Clarke begs as she puts her head on Nova's shoulder and sobs.

Nova feels herself waking up and gaining consciousness. Nova squeezes her hands and slowly opens her eyes looking around her seeing Octavia sitting down next to her holding her hand and fast asleep.

"Hey.." Nova says softly grabbing Clarke's attention across the room. "Nova. Octavia she's awake" Clarke says rushing over and patting Octavia's arm.

Octavia jolts up and sees Nova smiling. Octavia feels herself to start to cry and stands to her feet and hugs Nova. "I'm so sorry Nova. Thank you" Octavia whispers and Nova smiles as she pats Octavia's back.

"Thank you.. Clarke" Nova thanks as she grabs Clarke's hand and smiles. Clarke chuckles and shrugs her shoulders "Of course, Anytime" Clarke says as she places her hand on Nova's cheek catching Nova off guard. Octavia pulls away from the hug and Clarke quickly moves her hand away.

Nova lets out a cough and Clarke and Octavia both rush towards the water. Clarke ends up letting Octavia grab it and help Nova take a sip. Clarke goes up the ladder leaving Octavia and a sleeping Raven and Finn on the side downstairs.

"I'm so sorry Nova" Octavia says and Nova let's out laugh. "For what?" Nova asks and Octavia sniffles "You almost died and all because of me" Octavia says and Nova shakes her head.

"You didn't stab me Octavia, and I didn't die I'm right here" Nova says and Octavia nods. "You are" Octavia says softly as she moves her head closer to Nova and Nova looks into her eyes, letting a smile tug on her face.

Octavia doesn't even think before she places her lips on Nova's going in for a kiss. The kiss was passionate and felt right for Nova. Once Octavia pulled away Nova wanted more she craved it.

Octavia smiled and so did Nova "I'll have to almost die often" Nova jokes looking to Octavia who puts her head and let's out a genuine laugh before shoving Nova's shoulder gently. "Please, don't you scared me" Octavia says and Nova nods her head.

"No promises" Nova whispers as Octavia lays her head down on the makeshift bed Nova's laying on. Clarke stood by the ladder and watched it all.. the kiss and the words they shared together.