Chapter 15

This is rollercoaster love
Can you take me high?
This is rollercoaster love
Leave u breathless every time

This is rollercoaster loveCan you take me high?This is rollercoaster loveLeave u breathless every time

"Hey, Janet!" I call out loud enough so she can hear me. "Can you clear my schedule for the rest of the day?" I shove the last of what I need into my purse, zip it, and start walking out of my office. "I have some stuff I need to take care of."

I stop walking when I reach her desk that is set up in what is, essentially, the lobby to my office. "Sure thing, boss." Janet confirms with a nod. "Everything alright?"

If my boyfriend being a hot ass mess about his doctor appointment tomorrow classifies as everything being alright...then yes, everything is alright. "Everything's fine." I lie.

Everything is, in fact, not fine.

Harry is annoying me.

His big doctor appointment for his mental health treatment evaluation is tomorrow. I'm so proud of him for taking the step of asking for help. But I would be even more proud of him if he wasn't lying to me about how he isn't stressed. He has been a fidgeting mess all day today. At lunch, he ate his fingernails instead of his sandwich that he packed. I'm concerned.

Whenever I bring up my concern to Harry, he apparently has no idea what I'm talking about.

Once again, my aquarius boyfriend is showing his true aquarius tendencies by avoiding confrontation and his problems at all costs. That's what's pissing me off.

I just want to help him, though. I mean, I get why he doesn't want to confront his feelings or talk about an appointment that already took him a lot of courage to make. I just wish he would tell me that because that's better than him acting like everything is spectacular and he's not on the verge of a breakdown. I'm a helper and a fixer. I can't help my frustrations.

It's also coming across as one of those times where the caveman buried deep within a man's soul comes out of hiding. Caveman Harry is like the rest, thinking that showing emotions are weakness and acting macho in times of panic or whatever.

I don't understand it. But since he won't tell me how to help, I had to come up with something all on my own.

I'm afraid that if I let caveman Harry simmer for too much longer then he is going to have no fingernails left.

So my brilliant solution is to try to cheer him up with something sciency. But I don't want to do some of his regular mad scientist things; like working on the laser tag vests that he's been building. I've thought up somewhere new to take him.

"Hey, encyclopedia!" I call out as I open the door to his office. "How is ev-" I cut myself off when I see Harry running to grab the fire extinguisher he keeps under his lab bench.

"Hey, babe!" He shouts back to me, pulling the pin on the fire extinguisher. "Nothing to see here. Nothing at all."

I side eye him while he sprays whatever he is working on. "Are you trying to burn my company to the ground?"