Let's just hope she stays alive.

"Yes, let's carry on."

Her fingers still couldn't stop playing with the frills on her dress, no matter how many times did she convince herself to calm down. "It's a shame to call off our marriage, Lady Y/n. You're aware of it, aren't you?"

Aware of his feelings? Yes.

Aware of the consequences? Yes.

But which one from above was he asking?

"I, too, find it hard to cancel this marriage since my family is your family's ally."

"Is there any reason why?" A sound of a glass landed against the plate rang in her ears. His frostbite pure eyes gazed at her own e/c jewel eyes, with the hint of... disappointment and hope? Aleks' heartbeat slowed down, sinking into the abyss of sorrow.

He couldn't bring himself to ask, but the feelings was stronger than his own will.

"..." no answer came from her.

And within his heart, he swore he knew the reality of her feelings. "My apologies if I've spoken this wrong, however, your heart belongs to someone else... am I right?" Oh dear, the word that came from him was heavy.

Heavier than a boulder.

"Yes...I apologize一I'm willing to give my head for you if that would make you feel better," she rambled.

Her eyes quickly glistened to the floor, tears of fear started to form in the corner of her eyes. She was genuine.

Genuinely worry.

Anxious.

Afraid.

Cared.

And loved someone.

He could see it all.

"Then, what will my family gain if you cancel it?"

She still didn't dare to look up, as if her eyes were glued to the floor. "Our family is a Marquess, a high aristrocrat that serves countless wars. We live in a March called L/n March. We'll give our compensation in the form of knights, our family's battle technique and martial arts."

"So, you're willing to send your guards to my family's estate as a compensation?"

"Yes, Your Grace."

"Hahahah!"

Ah, what should he respond?

Instead of dwelling in the question, a laugh erupted instead from Aleks, catching her whole attention. Her e/c orbs lifted from the ground and was met with the chuckling Aleks. What was he thinking?

She's being serious right now!

'Is he... disappointed or...?'

Though the chuckle sounded genuine to her ears, they were dying to speak a word. The chuckle was lively, yet一his heart sank twice deeper.

"Lady Y/n... please lift your head up," he demanded一no, said. The voice that hinted the heartbreak, sorrow, gentle, and love caught her hearings.

She lifted her head up. Y/n's e/c jewel orbs caught the silk of the warmth that wrapped the cold in his snow eyes.

Yes, his eyes were like the pure snow.

If anger took him over, the snow would turn into frostbite一how ironic, wasn't it?