Chapter 8

The scenery of blue and soft ripples of the lake brought the refreshing and dazzling to the e/c orbs eyes. Her hand instinctively grabbed Razor's rough hand with the pure genuine smile. It'd been long since their last bath, maybe three weeks or four?

"Cat bath?"

"Yeah."

She replied concisely and shortly after, the lady took off some parts of her gown. Within a blink, she was in the lake, playing with the water as she bathed herself一something like a fairy water.

Razor only stood by the side of the lake, he was hesitating to get in. Well, as a child grew up from wolves, he licked himself to clean up.

But sometimes一barely一ever bathed in a lake.

"Razor!" She yelled while giving a grin to him, splashing the water from side to side.

Her family had always taught her to behave, act like a true elegant lady一even if it's during her bath.

But now一no one could tell her things she should do.

She could grin all she wanted, laughed, and joked around. And now一she could splash water around.

Razor didn't give much of a response other than fixating his ruby eyes with the e/c orbs. Y/n waved her arm midair as she said, "Come!"

He didn't need to be told twice.

Razor nodded his head, pulling down the hood and slowly landed his foot on the lake.

As he set his foot there, the water wavered, sending in a small wave to the surroundings.

The coldness of the water transferred up to his body as he slowly walked in the lake.

What's confusing was一he dared to go deep in the river back then on his own without any hesitation, but hesitated to get in a lake with her?

"Is this your first time taking a bath?" Y/n asked with her eyes full of curiosity. "No," Razor replied shortly after, slowly letting him sink in the water.

"Oh, I see. How do you clean yourself?"

He sticked his tongue out, pointing at it. "Lick."

Oh right.

That's how wolves bath.

She hummed in response and no other words were spoken from her.

The two people let the sound of birds chirping whole heartedly, the sound of the bustling bushes and trees and the sound of ripples that came from the lake.

The only thing Razor did was only standing一eyes gazed at the h/c haired lady as she poured the water down to the soft skin.

Her h/c haired spreaded in the cold lake. Her eyelashes fluttered to his side, smiling until the point he couldn't make out the colour of her e/c orbs.

"If you stay like that, you won't be cleaned."

"But not stinky," he spoke. "Or.. do you want me to collect flowers?"

"Flowers? Why?"

The smile spreaded across her cheeks, closing her eyes as if she's dreaming of it. "Back in my family's house, we use flowers for baths," she explained in the most concisive way.

Now, his eyes were full of wonders一deeming to know what else did she use. "And we'll bath in foams with warm water. And if we are allowed, maybe a small drink."

"What drink?" He asked again. "Hmm, maybe a non alcoholic beverage?" Of course, Y/n wouldn't drink any alcoholic beverage as she was taught to keep herself aware一especially if she's a fiancee to a duke's son.