After you and Fury get in the car, Fury whispers something to the driver, who then nods before driving off.

When you get out of the car, Fury leads you to a tall building.

"Well, here we are. Welcome home, Y/N." Fury motions at the building.

Shocked, you look up at The Avengers Tower.

You gulp, "But-"

"I am allowed to bring in recruits." Fury chuckles.

You look at Fury, your eyes shining with a big grin on your face.

I can finally have a home again...

Your smile falters a bit, "B-But what about Mr. Stark?" You ask timidly.

"Details, details." Fury brushes it off.

You look over and see a smile on his face which offers the reassurance you desperately needed, making your smile come back.

You two head inside and go into the elevator, staying silent for a bit.

You suddenly speak up, "I-I can never thank you enough for giving me another chance."

Fury looks over at you with a soft expression.

"Now, why wouldn't I give my best and, honestly, weirdest agent another chance?" He jokes, a failed attempt to receive any laughter from you.

Fury gently takes hold of your shoulders.

"Look, you couldn't control it, Y/N." He reassures softly, "You've always done your best. That's all I ever ask of you."

You give a faint smile with Fury smiling back.

"You're always so tough with everyone else, and although I know what you meant to my mom, why have you always been so nice to me?" You inquire.

Fury lets go of your shoulders before facing forward.

"Just what you said, your mom and I meant a lot to each other. We were just like siblings and looked out for each other. Regarding my 'toughness' towards people, tough love is what I call it, being an asshole is what others call it, and a few think I carved my heart out with a knife." He responds, earning a chuckle from you, making him glance over at you and smile.

The elevator dings as the doors open. Fury walks out with you following close behind.

You notice a man with blond hair and a shield next to him. As soon as Fury notices him as well, he walks over to him.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the one and only Steve Rogers, our Captain America." Fury smirks.

Steve looks over at Fury and chuckles lightly.

"I have an important announcement, so I need you to get the others to the meeting room." Fury commands.

Steve nods and walks away.

You and Fury go into the meeting room to wait until everyone comes in and sits down.

"Took you long enough, but anyway..." Fury motions to you, "This is Y/N. She's joining you as an Avenger."

"Um, excuse me...?" Tony's tone seems almost offended at the thought of Fury adding someone to the team.

"You're excused." Fury states, to which Tony rolls his eyes.