─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

November 28

Y/n POV

26 (Tour Guide at Sendai Art Gallery)

"You always look so hot when you cook." I tease Kei as I tug on his, well my apron he wrapped around himself. The little Totro pattern making him look all cute. 

I busy myself with doing some dishes.

"Yeah yeah whatever." He says as he stirs the boiling pot. We decided to have chicken curry for dinner. "And you're so hot when you tell kids to 'please shut up' under your breath when they cry." He retorts and I gasp.

"Hey! It's not my fault! I don't know what to do with crying children. I never had to take care of babies before." I say and Kei nods with a smirk. I lean over and give him a kiss on his shoulder.

"It smells good." I smile at him and he kisses my forehead in return. He's always been better at cooking than me, so he's the one that cooks. I really don't know why I bought the apron for myself. I'm not the one who cooks.

I love this. I love living quietly and peacefully. It feels so domestic and simple. 

We aren't special people, but we are special to each other.

I love Kei, I love him so much. We stayed together through high school and University. We never held each other back, we helped each other grow. We fight, but I'm not scared when we do because I know the issue will be fixed.

I love him and even if I try as hard as possible to picture a perfect life. It's this one right now. With him and me. Average people with average jobs, average lives in a normal looking apartment and the beauty, attraction, comfort and love of its all consuming, sincere simplicity.

"Hey Kei?" I turn off the tap, finishing off the dishes. I walk over to Kei and wrap my hands around his back, kissing his shoulder blade through his shirt. His shoulders are broader now. He hums softly as he continues to stir the curry.

"Lets get married." I smile and I feel him stiffen.

"Fuck you." He states plainly and I frown.

"What? Do you...do you not w-want to get married?" I ask as I let go of his back and he turns around to face me after turning off the stove. He looks at me softly before sighing.

"I was planning on proposing. I had this whole thing I was gonna say." He says and I nod.

"Oh I see..." Silence engulfs the kitchen.

"OH! I'M SORRY I RUINED YOUR PLAN!" I panic as I wave my hands in front of my face. "You can forget I said anything. You were gonna propose? What proposal? I don't have the slightest idea of what you are blabbering about, I was doing the dishes." I say quickly, grabbing a tea towel and starting to dry the dishes before Kei grabs my hand.

"I'm talking about this proposal." He says as he digs in his pocket and pulls out a ring box. My eyes widen and I look at Kei.

"Y-You're gonna propose now?" I ask excitedly and he nods and I smile a big smile. His eyes growing soft at my face. "Go on!" I urge and he chuckles with a nod. Both of our eyes glazing over with a sheet of happy tears.

He starts to get down on one knee but I pull him up.

"I want to see your face properly." I whisper and he smiles at me. "Okay, now you can start." I laugh.

"When I was younger, I knew I always wanted to love someone, I just didn't think that it would be something I would be, I don't know. In to too much. I wanted to focus on my studies but then you came into my life without knocking or without warning." He opens up and I start crying.

Kei's never been good with words. He's always stuck in his head, so hearing how he feel all at once, instead of little parts of the day is overwhelming. Overwhelming in a good way.

"I never realized I could start liking someone so quickly. I love you so much Y/n. I don't think you, or even I can comprehend it. When we were 19, that's when I knew I had to marry you. You make loving you so easy. We don't need anything luxurious. We can live a simple life together just the two of us, or if you want kids we can do that too. I can't give you everything the world has to offer us, but Y/n. I promise. I'll try and try to everyday. Will you marry me?" He says, also starting to cry as he looks directly at my crying self and I start laughing before wiping my eyes.

"Shit. You're so sweet. That was so beautiful." I smiles as I sniffle and wipe my eyes. He opens the ring box and I see the most beautiful ring I've seen. It's gold band that separates into two on each side to wrap around  a small ruby in the centre.

"I love you so much Kei." I whisper and Kei kisses my forehead.

"You haven't answered the question yet Darling." He smirks before letting out a sniffle.

"Right." I focus again. I kiss his cheek and smile big as he wipes my eyes with the pads of his thumbs, catching my tears and I do the same with his.

"Of course I'll marry you Tsukishima Kei." I smile at him and he engulfs me in a kiss. Our lips smiling onto each other as we sniffle.

Its probably not the prettiest kiss that we've had. All the tears and cries as we do but it is the most important one we've ever had.

We release from the kiss and he slips the ring on my finger.

"Its so beautiful." I breath.

"It was my Grandma's. She gave it to my Dad and he gave it to my Mom. Mom said that whenever we get married. This should be the engagement ring." Kei explains as I look at the ring. He grabs my left hand and kisses the ring.

"I love you so much Y/n."

"I love you so much too." I smile, my face hurting from smiling for so long.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Written August 13, 2021

Released August 16, 2021