Chapter 4

When Patrick dropped me off at my dorm, we said awkward goodbyes and he drove away.

From now on, mine and Patrick's friendship would never be the same again, not after we kissed.

I climbed the stairs to the level my dorm was on to see Caitie standing outside my door.

"Um, Caitie, it's 10:00 at night, why are you standing outside my dorm?" I asked, walking closer to her.

"Oh, I thought you were home, I was just about to knock." she replied, giving me a weak smile.

"You seem tired." I said, unlocking my dorm and both of us walking inside. "yeah, I'm super tired." she chuckled, collapsing onto my couch.

I handed her a glass of water and sat down next to her. "So, whats up?" I asked her.

"Nothing much, just wanted to have a sleepover." she sighed, reaching for the tv remote and switching the tv on.

I popped some popcorn since it was our favorite snack and plopped back down onto the couch.

"So how was your date with 'Trick?" She asked. "It wasn't a date." I laughed. "We were just hanging out."

Caitie and I watched movies until 4:00 in the morning. "Ugh, I'm gonna go to sleep." I sighed, standing up and tossing Caitie a blanket. "If you're staying here tonight you're sleeping on the couch.". I walked to my room and changed into my pajamas and crawled into bed.

Maybe I would ask Patrick to hang out again tomorrow.

Time skip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to Caitie screaming my name.

"ALANA THE DORMS ON FIRE!"

I jumped out of bed but my door was blocked, I couldn't get out. "Caitie! I'm trapped in my room! I panicked.

I didn't want to die like this. I thought about climbing out my window, but it would be too far of a drop.

"Caitie, get out of here now!" I yelled. "No, I'm not leaving you to die!" She replied.

All of a sudden, I had a breakdown. I sat down in the middle of my room and brought my knees up to my chest. I wrapped my arms around my legs and put my face into my knees.

"Alana? Are you still okay?" I heard Caitie scream through the sound of the roaring flames.

I didn't reply, I just wiped the tears from my eyes. I heard sirens in the distance as the room became engulfed in flames.

I sat there feeling the heat making my skin hotter and hotter by the minute.

Soon it was hard to breathe, the room was filling with smoke. I crawled to the door and looked under it. Caitie was no where in sight, which was good because that means she probably got out.

I saw the firemen bust in and pick me up in their arms as everything went black.