CHAPTER XIX: TIMIST

Start from the beginning

once he was done, he hurriedly made his way over to the door, opening it to see you with a friendly smile plastered on your face. "hey karl. may i come in?" you chirped. karl nodded, moving to the side to let you in and shut the door behind you.

"sorry for coming unnoticed. you weren't answering my calls so i wanted to check up on you in person." you explained, paying attention to karl. "o-oh sorry about that." karl trailed off in a bit of embarrassment, scratching the back of his neck as he realized that he was so caught up in himself last night that he didn't even bother to get up and fix himself until now.

"it's alright, karl. you doing okay?" you asked with a gentle tone, inching towards him slowly with concerned eyes. you noticed how "out of it" he seemed today, sensing something not really clicking in.

"oh um.. i'm good." he said, some uncertainty laced within his voice and eyes. you tilted your head a bit. "i won't force anything out of you, but just know you can tell me anything." you said, following with a sigh. "i actually came here because i wanted to be with you. i'm feeling so overwhelmed by all this political jangle happening and then... it's just-" you sighed again, pinching the bridge of your nose.

"i don't know. everything is just so frustrating and i'm feeling all these weird, stressed out balls of emotions i don't even know." you confessed with a frown. it was true though. everything was stressing you out from manberg's original takedown plan to the fresh news that came out a few days ago.

the newspapers revealed that manberg signed a declaration of war with pogtopia, making the kingdom go into a wave of shock and fear. it's the first time in manberg's history that a war was occurring, and what could top it off other than their enemy being pogtopia?

you didn't get to see it, but apparently, quackity and fundy confirmed that philza stopped by at the presidential house, having a formal discussion with king on behalf of pogtopia, and bringing over the declaration of war for signing. the day after, the news immediately bombarded front pages and headlines of newspapers, the once happy crowds walking by in the streets of manberg now holding anxious, almost sour faces. and you were certain that the royal counsel was also frustrated by the suddenness of this event, the war scheduled to occur five days from now.

eret even called you out of stress one day, explaining what was supposed to happen in wars as greater dream smp and l'manberg had its history of them. he explained to you that citizens of manberg would need to evacuate or go on lockdown in their homes, meaning that greater dream smp or other neighboring kingdoms will have a sudden population increase for a few days to even a month depending on the outcome of the war. you wondered how george would deal with it. nevertheless, this news prompted you to try and spend time with friends more, wanting to visit eret who was currently staying at techno's place along with his close butler, ranboo.

when karl listened to you, he felt a bit relieved seeing someone in almost the same situation as him. "you know what, y/n/n? you're not the only one." karl spoke up, making you raise your eyebrows. "same here. let's just say, i didn't have a great night last night." he confessed, playing with the rings on his fingers.

you nodded. "seems like everyone's stressed out." you trailed off, looking around karl's living room in thought. "you know what? let's just relax." you suggested, walking over to the couch and putting your purse to the side. "you into cuddling or no?" you asked, making the touch starved brunette perk up excitedly. "of course! i love cuddles." for the first time in what felt like a while, he felt like he held the widest smile on his face.

you giggled, returning the smile. you motioned for him to come to the couch as you lied down using the pillow he was sleeping on earlier. karl immediately placed himself on top of you, resting his head in the crook of your neck as he hugged your waist. one of your hands loosely laid on top of one of karl's arms while the other reached up to play with his messy hair, both of you letting out sighs of satisfaction as you relaxed against each other's touch.

upon smelling a hint of cologne, you felt karl's weight starting to shift, becoming heavier on you while he started to drift into sleep. you felt him hide his face more in the crook of your neck, slightly getting closer to your chest so he could listen to your heart beat.

when you looked down at karl's head, you let out a giggle, feeling him falling asleep. he felt you plant a soft kiss to the top of his head, making his cheeks flare up in red and grin crazily against your neck, trying to hold in his giggles.

"i'll cook you breakfast when you wake up. just go to sleep." you whispered softly, making karl let out a yawn and nod, feeling his movements within your neck. as he squeezed at your waist tighter, making sure you wouldn't disappear, it didn't take long for karl to fall sound asleep, a small, sheepish smile sprawled out on his sleeping face.

it was the first time in what felt like forever where he truly felt relaxed and at peace when falling asleep, you being in his arms not being a dream this time. soon enough, you stopped playing with the brunette's hair, easing into a deep sleep while cuddling, basking in each other's warmth.

I WISH EVERY TIME I SLEEP, YOU WOULD BE NEXT TO ME.
I FEEL COMFY IN YOUR ARMS.

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
MY KIND OF WOMAN - MAC DEMARCO.
a peaceful love song dedicated to y/n from karl<3

PREVIEW LYRICS.
Oh baby
Oh man
You're making me crazy
Really driving me mad
That's alright with me
It's really no fuss
As long as you're next to me
Just the two of us
You're my, my, my, my kind of woman
My, oh my, what a girl

——-                       ——-                       ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
me: *reads this chapter* okay but me and who????🤠

i think after the timewave theory chapter, we all need one singular comfort chapter before going to war or whatever

w.c.: 1.6k+