Chapter 7

It was the next morning and everyone was up and eating breakfast in the Jo household.

"Where's Arden?" Jisoo asked. "She's usually up and eating breakfast right now."

"She's probably still sleep" Mr.Jo said as he stood up. "I have to get to work. I'll see you for dinner."

Mr.Jo left out the door and headed to work. Jisoo sat down a bowl on the table and walked towards Arden's door.

"Ardennie? Are you awake?" Jisoo asked as she knocked lightly on the door, but no answer. "Are you sick? Do you want me to make you some porridge?"

Jisoo turned the knob and entered Arden's room. There she saw the bed still made, her Cheong Ah uniform still laid across the foot of her bed, and her computer was still on. She knew Arden hasn't been home since she left last night.

"Haein, Hyunjoo. Did you two hear Arden come in last night?" She asked as she approached the two.

"No" Haein answered. "Is she here?"

"She isn't here at all" she answered. "Call your dad and tell him Arden didn't come home last night. I'll call the police."

- • -

"Alright everyone, in your seats please" Mr.Ma said as he stood on the podium and started taking attendance. "Jo Arden isn't here? Is she sick?"

Everyone looked around and didn't see here and thought something was weird because Arden usually comes to school on time everyday.

"That's weird. She told me that she'll see me at school last night" Seokkyung said.

"Everyone should come and see this" a classmate spoke out and everyone crowded her desk. Seokhoon stood up from his desk and walked over towards the classmate, taking their phone out of their hands.

"This morning, Jo Arden (19) was reported missing by her parents. Her stepmother reported that she went out last night to meet someone, but didn't come back home. This morning, she saw that it looks like she didn't come home at all and then reported her missing. The last time she talked with the 19 year old, is that she was going down towards the river near Hera Palace. This case is still being investigated."

"That's weird! Arden isn't the type to go missing without a word" Seokkyung said. "Yah! Seokhoon, where are you going?"

Seokkyung called after her brother leaving the classroom. Everyone was shocked, Arden wasn't the type to do this.

- • -

"Did you find anything, officer?" Mr.Jo asked as he approached the scene with Haein in tow.

"Yes. We found her phone and necklace that came off her" the officer said as he handed Mr.Jo those things. "We tried to unlock her phone, but no luck. If you happen to know her password or go to someone to unlock it for you. Please tell us any thing that can help."

Mr.Jo turned to Haein. "Do you know her password? And who gave her this necklace?"

"I don't know her password. I tried many times in the past. And Seokhoon gave her that necklace about two years ago" Haein answered.

"Thank you officers. We'll definitely call you if we see anything new" Mr.Jo said as he began to walk away from the scene.