Chapter 1 - Before

Kathy POV

Kathy POV

"Hey Kathy, we're going out for a bit, make sure to look after your sister!" My Mum calls from downstairs.

Of course they're going out today. It's my cousin Elsie's Birthday and they're not even letting me or Mills come. Most likely due to the fact it's her 18th birthday and there's going to be drinks, but I won't let that side. No way.

"Yeah, whatever." I shout down to her, rolling my eyes.

To be honest, I don't actually care all that much about going out. I'm just mad because my parents are always dumping me with my whiny, annoying, brat of a sister.

I understand that big sisters are supposed to take care of little sisters, but Amelia is hardly even little! She's 12!

Me and Amelia are quite different, in many ways. An example of this is the fact I like peace and quiet and she like making lots of noise.

Once I hear the door slam and I know my parents have gone, I put on my headphones and shut the world out, I love doing that. Shutting everything out. It relaxes me. Most people hate the quiet because all they can hear is their own thoughts. Not me. I love the quiet, just me, myself and I.

My bedroom is baby blue with indigo fairy lights decked around the bookshelves which hang from my ceiling. I love my bedroom, I picked it out myself when I was 10. I'm glad I didn't choose to have barbies or dolls, and instead this.

I scroll through the endless apps on my phone and opt to play some music.

All that is suddenly disrupted when I hear angry feet stomping up the stairs, towards my room. What did I tell you, huh? She loves making a ruckus.

Before I know it, Amelia is shoving the door open, practically taking it off it's hinges.

"Oops, sorry." She teases, smiling.

I roll my eyes. 12 year olds are so dramatic, and for what? When I was 12 I was very nice and thoughtful, if I remember correctly.

"Well you obviously don't." Amelia grumbles, she's now sat next to me, on my bed.

I didn't even notice I said that out loud.

"Hey, get off my bed! You're ruining it!" I yell, realizing the position she's in.

Me and Amelia have never really had the best relationship. It normally varies between ignoring each other or trying to make each other mad. I still love her, although, I'd never admit that to her face.

She then grabs my phone off my nightstand and starts prodding her fingers all over the clean touchscreen.

"Get your grubby fingers off my phone screen!" I screech, trying to grab my phone back and failing.

"Not until you tell me the passcode!" She gets up and starts running round the room.

I know exactly what I have to do. I heave myself up off the bed and start chasing her.