𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲

"A-Ayumu, hold on a second now, that's way too big!" y/n cried, e/c eyes wide.

"What? Sure, it's a little thicker and probably larger than what you're used to but I think you could handle it. Maybe." Ayumu replied, pouting a little, "Quit being a crybaby, it won't be that bad."

"Seriously, you'll hurt me with that thing!"

"Not if you stay calm it won't!"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STAY CALM IF THAT THING LOOKS LIKE IT COULD SPLIT ME IN TWO, HUH??? IT'S LIKE TWICE MY SIZE!" y/n demanded.

"Hey! It's not an it! And stop being overdramatic, y/n, it's not twice your size."

"You just called it an it, idiot!"

Y/n was clinging to a tree branch, eyes fixated on the ridiculously big blade her best friend was holding.

The pink haired boy, however, just looked confused as he held his new favorite thing.

Ayumu, using some of his savings, had bought a claymore so him and y/n could train together a little bit. Since Ayumu was curious about y/n's new capabilities with her Vision, he decided to test her a little.

"All you have to do is get a little creative and you won't get hurt!" Ayumu chimed.

"Hrm... promise?"

"Promise!"

Y/n looked uncertain but clambered down from her safe spot in the tree.

She picked up her blade which she'd discarded and gave Ayumu a sheepish smile, "Alright, let's try it out."

"Yes!" Ayumu cheered, "Haha! I'm so happy I could just kiss you right now!"

"Really?" Y/n questioned.

Ayumu blinked before his face turned almost as pink as his hair. He laughed awkwardly with a, "No way, that'd be weird! Since we're friends and all! Ahaha..."

"Oh..."

"I mean, I'd kiss you if you wanted me to..." Ayumu mumbled, earning a puzzled look from y/n.

"What was that?"

"NOTHING."

As Ayumu hurriedly tried to figure out how holding a claymore worked, y/n smiled a little, holding back giggles.

She'd heard him loud and clear.

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

Going against her instincts wasn't something y/n did too often. But this time was different.

Every nerve in her body was telling her to go back to her house and cry herself to sleep yet she was running to the Golden House so she could check to make sure that everything was alright.

"Suzu! Did you see anything out of the ordinary? Aside from a lack of guards?" y/n called, looking up at the raven.

"Well, I did see a strange guy. He had ginger hair." Suzu replied and y/n huffed.

"Suddenly everything makes even more sense." y/n sighed, running faster, "I knew that stupid Harbinger was up to something all along! I'm such an idiot...!"

"Oh yeah, there was a blond and a little fairy creature heading in the direction of the Golden House when I went to find you." the raven added.

"Aether and Paimon!" y/n exclaimed then deadpanned, "Those idiots are going to get killed, I swear-"