Chapter 6

Waking up I see darkness around me, it must still be early. I feel around my bed for my phone, final finding it I see that that its only 5am and it's still dark. I get up and stumble around the darkness and find my bathroom door. I look in the mirror and see the makeup smudged all over my face, and my eyes are bloodshot. God why did I let Anna convince me to go to a party on a Thursday?

As I stumble out of the bathroom I close my curtains just a bit more, so the sun won't be able to get in once it rises. As I start to close them, I suddenly stop seeing a dark shadow outside. It looked like a man in a hoodie with sweatpants, just staring at the house. Strange...maybe wondering who the new neighbors are? Or am I just imagining things?

I quickly close my curtain trying not to think to much of it, and convincing myself that I'm probably delusional from the alcohol still in my system.

When I wake up again I feel like death, but getting up not wanting to miss the second day of school. Grabbing my makeup bag I go into the bathroom to fix my face, still having smudges from the night before. I open Anna's room to find here already dressed and ready to go. I still amazes me how she can get so little sleep and still look perfect the next morning, and I can't even look decent.

When she sees that I'm not dressed, she quickly does here makeup magic on my face and I look perfect. It looks identical to the makeup she did yesterday, and I am thankful that she can do such a good job in a short amount of time.

"So I know your probably not up to talk about it right now" Anna said as we get in here BMW. "But you have to go to the party tonight, and I won't take no for an answer." She said sternly. "And it's is going to be even better than yesterday" she said trying to convince me to go without a fight. "And Mike will be there!" She squeaked a little to enthusiasticly.

"Mike, who the hell is Mike?" I say trying to remember all the people I met yesterday, and it's useless because it's all a blur. She looks at the side of my face in disbelief, then turning here head back to the road.

"Mike the guy you were making-out with yesterday, how did you forget!" She screams "he is the hottest senior in the whole school that you kissed, and you forgot his name!?" She shouts in disbelief again.

"Oh I just forgot his name, and stop yelling at me my head is pounding." I scold her, and we pull into the school parking lot. "And yes I remember that the party is today, and yes I am going".

"Good I'll meet you at the car after school, I need to go talk to someone really quick." She said and was gone in seconds...strange I think to myself but not thinking to much about it.

As I make my way into homeroom I start to feel ill, remembering that Jackson is going to be in the same room as me. I keep telling myself not to look in his direction, and I'll be fine.

Jackson probably forgot about me, and moved on by now. Since that night he made me promise, not to tell anyone about what happened between us. I was so scared that I never even told Anna about him, and I tell her everything. Shacking my head trying to snap out of my deep thought, I feel someone tap my shoulder.

"Hey I'm Jane if you don't remember" Jane said as I turned around to meet here gaze. "Are you going to the party tonight, it's one of the biggest parties of the year." She said giving me a polite smile.

"Yah I'm going tonight, are you going?" I ask not really knowing what else to say.

"No I wish I was, I have to watch my grandma tonight" she said giving me a small smile. "I just wanted to warn you that they get out of hand sometimes, and to always be around someone you trust." She said with a serious tone, and I start to worry why I should be with someone I trust.

"Why did something happen at one of these parties" I ask feeling more nervous as I think of all the bad things that I could think of. She suddenly stiffens, like she's remembering something unpleasant.

"Just be careful tonight" she said and walked away as the bell rung.