Chapter 37 - Other Races Appear

Start from the beginning

“I don’t blame you,” I told her, “Everything will change. It’s changing right now.”

            The other students piled in and our teacher began the class. We handed in our homework and he started lecturing when Rolla stepped into the classroom.

“It is an honor to meet you Queen Rolla.”

“Thank you,” she smiled, “I need to speak with Lily Carter and Carter Lanson.”

The teacher nodded at both of us. I picked up my books and followed Rolla out the door. She let us get our bags out of our locker and she didn’t even say anything until we left school. Carter reached over and held my hand as we waited for Rolla to give us an explanation.

“I received a call today,” Rolla clarified.

“From who?” I asked.

“The president of the Fauhl.”

“Fauhl?” Carter asked.

“It’s another race. They’re half wolf half human. The humans found them too. Over the years the humans eventually thought their race was a myth and they were renamed as shape shifters or werewolves. The humans figured out about them too. I’ve added onto the city again. It’s surrounded by fencing to keep other people out and I’ve added a sign so they know it’s for the Fauhl. I’ve welcomed them into the city for their own protection.”

“So they’re in the fight?”

Rolla nodded, “They’re in the fight alright. They’re scared for their lives too. The humans have never been after them like they are now.”

“Why are the humans suddenly after the other races?” Carter asked.

“I think they’re scared now that they know we’ve hidden so much from them. Their eyes are open and on the lookout for anything that’s out of the ordinary to them. They should be getting here any time. Pilote’s still at the palace trying to contact the Ruhk; they are half human half shark. Obviously they’re harder to get in touch with but they have to be aware of the human situation too.”

“This is a good thing though right?” I asked, “I mean obviously the humans are dangerous but uniting our races against the humans will give us a greater advantage when we go against them.”

“That’s why I called both of you out of class,” she said. “Lily, I want you to meet the Fauhl with me and Carter I want you with Pilote helping to contact the Ruhk. If we’re going to successfully unite the races we need all of them. We can’t leave the Ruhk out there knowing the humans are after all of us. We’re meeting for dinner in the dining room after to discuss what we’ve found.”

“Got it,” I nodded.

Carter kissed me quickly, “I’ll see you tonight.”

“Bye,” I smiled.

“This way,” Rolla said.

            On the other side of the training centers I could finally spot the fence and the sign in front of it. The sign only said Fauhl and Rolla and I walked through the gate and to the first building that read meeting hall on the sign in front of it. This city is getting bigger and bigger by the minute. It’s twice as large now as it was a year ago. A large group of people were already gathered in the meeting hall and Rolla quickly approached one of the men.

“This is the alpha and the president,” Rolla told me, “President, this is Lily Carter the chief of the army.”

“It is nice to meet you,” he shook my hand, “You can call me Jacob. Thank you Rolla for welcoming us here. My people are settling into their new houses as we speak. I must say you went out of your way for us.”