021 | life is a competition

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

Ever experienced being dragged through an entire city, or at least the majority of it? Because that's what I'm experiencing right now, being dragged through the entire Ba Sing Se by Riki. I was peacefully eating my food when suddenly Riki interrupted my moment.

After running for a very long time, we finally stopped but our final destination made me just even more confused. We arrived at the Inner Wall, a giant, long and massive wall that's surrounded around Ba Sing Se. I looked up at the giant wall right in front of me and then looked back at Riki again like a question mark.

"You need to use your bending to get us up on the Inner Wall" Riki said with a satisfied smile.

"Why are you ordering me to do it? It's not like you can't come up there by using airbending, and you also have your glider with you so you can easily fly up there" I replied with a chuckle.

"Why did we even run in first place through Ba Sing Se if there's other options.." I added.

"You're right.. See you then!" Riki said with the same satisfied smile on his face.

Riki spread out the wings of his glider and within less than a second was Riki in the air, flying upwards in front of the Inner Wall.

"Hey! Don't go so fast!" I screamed at him.

I removed a piece of the ground underneath me and used it as a platform. I moved my plattform upwards in front of the Inner Wall. Almost like Riki, except that he's using a glider and I use earth to move up to the top of the Inner Wall.

When I had almost reached the top of the Inner Wall, I jumped off the platform and let it reach the ground again while I was standing on the Inner Wall. Riki was already there, looking at me with a smile before he continued to use his glider to fly over the Agrarian Zone.

The Agrarian Zone is a large area between the Inner and Outer Wall, which consists of wide open plains of land.

I let out a sign before I jumped off the Inner Wall and down towards the Agrarian Zone to continue following Riki. Just before my feets touched the ground, I made a giant circle underneath me while the ground around me sank down. I then pushed up the earth back again while using it as skis to move through the Agrarian Zone. 

I think Riki was being too relaxed up there since I kept raising my pace to the point when I was ahead Riki. I was getting closer and closer to the Outer Wall and when I came close enough, I let the ground sink down again and then shoot myself upwards and towards the Outer Wall.

When my speed started to slow down and I was almost hitting my face against the Outer Wall, I quickly moved up a piece of earth underneath me and used it as a platform again. I jumped off my platform and landed on the Outer Wall, Riki also landed a few seconds after me.

"Our life is nothing but a competition against each other" Riki said with a chuckle.

"But it's nice to have a small competition sometimes. No competition, no progress" I replied.

"But also.. What are we doing here? We're not supposed or allowed to be" I asked after realizing where we actually are.

"I wanted to play with my bison whistle!" Riki said happily and held up his bison whistle with a wide smile.

"Why am I not surprised?" I asked myself while I facepalm.

Riki continued to hold the wide smile on his face while he blew in the bison whistle, but no sound came out. I looked at Riki confused but he didn't seem to understand that he spent money on something that dont work.

"I think your bison whistle is broken" I said.

"Just wait a few more seconds.." Riki replied while he continued to look over the Agrarian Zone.

I shrugged after hearing Riki's reply, it's obvious that his bison whistle is broken.. At least what I thought. I moved my head so I was also looking over the Agrarian Zone, but also seeing a white dot in the sky becoming bigger and bigger.

"Bisco!" Riki said happily which made Bisco grow and then fastened her pace to land right next to us faster.

"You still think my bison whistle is broken?" Riki asked me while he hugged Bisco. 

"How was Bisco able to hear that? It made no sound, it's impossible for anyone to hear that" I asked back surprised.

"That's the thing with bison whistles, we can't hear the sound, meanwhile Bison's hear a sound very loudly. Not exactly sure how it works and why we can't hear it" Riki answered.

I kept nodding my head while I listened to Riki's answer. And if you think about it, it's quite fascinating isn't it? We humans are not able to hear a sound a flying bison can hear from miles away.

"Hey! What are you two doing here? Civilians are not allowed to be here!" A Royal Guard shouted at us from a distance.

"Hurry!" Riki told me as the both of us jumped on Bisco's head.

We quickly departed from the Outer Wall and then began flying over the Agrarian Zone. I moved up on Bisco's back to see the Royal Guard standing there left alone, frozen and confused. I chuckled at him and then moved back down on Bisco's head again and sat down beside Riki.

"You really just had to bring me to the Outer Wall even if you know we're not allowed to be there" I said while letting out a small laugh.

"Stop being such a party-pooper, it was fun! And I needed to prove to you anyways that my bison whistle was not a waste of money" Riki replied.

"And I wasn't the one who brought you to the Outer Wall either, it was you who brought yourself there" Riki added and looked at me with a proud smile.

"Why are you always right?" I responded with a chuckle. 

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
i wanted to do a bit different for this chapter, just aeji and riki hanging out so i hope you guys liked it too D