𝟐

˚ ༘✶ 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋~!⋆。˚

"before tonight's game — out of respect for last night's tragic event — sunnyvale will hosts candle light vigil for all our victims

"before tonight's game — out of respect for last night's tragic event — sunnyvale will hosts candle light vigil for all our victims.all player, cheer, and band attendance is mandatory!" the coach speaks as the gymnasium allows his voice to echo.

"these are the moments i thank god for me failing at cheer try-outs," i huff, shaking my head as simon laughs.

"ok, but you still have to help me," kate tells her, grabbing y/n's hand and bringing her into the girl's locker room.

y/n swallowed thickly, it didn't feel right for her to be in here.

entering kate's area of the room, kate stripped of her clothes.

"why do you — oh god!" y/n widens her eyes, looking away from kate and covering her face with her hands.

hearing kate's light hearted giggle, y/n slowly lowers her hands, seeing kate snapping her bra.

"sorry," y/n softly apologizes, rubbing her arm.

"don't worry about it. it was funny," kate says, putting in her ponytail and handing y/n the bow and bobby-pins.

y/n fixes kate's hair nervously, surprised she didn't jab her finger with the pins.

"thank you," kate turned around with a smile, giving y/n a friendly peck on the cheek before rushing her friend out to continue changing.

neither of them considered it friendly.

i began walking to the field with kate and a very green simon.

"i'm excited," simon tells me and kate, bouncing up and down as we walk.

"excited for a candle-lit ceremony for murder victims?" y/n asks as simon continues to jump around with a smile.

"i dunno, i drank two monsters before i got here."

kate and y/n shared a look and laughed.

kate, deena, and i watch as sam clings onto a jock, him groping and squeezing her ass like it was a stress reliever toy.

"straight people," y/n groans as deena slightly giggles.

kate laughs at y/n's comment before making a remark at the blonde couple and bringing y/n to another area.

"where are we going?" y/n giggles as kate leads her to the girls bathroom.

"here."

"do i need to fix your bobby-pins again?" y/n asks, standing in front of kate as she reaches to fix her hair.

"no," kate says, sitting on the sink, bringing y/n with her in the process, as the girl had her arms still draped around kate's neck.

"this is kinda.." y/n trails off.

"fruity?" kate jokes as y/n laughs lowly, stepping away from kate.

"yeah," y/n drags out, putting her hands in her jean pockets.

kate looked at y/n for a moment, reaching forward and grabbing y/n's arms, hooking them around her neck once more.

"this is knew," y/n breathes out, her minty breath from chewing gum all day hitting kate's face like a truck. it made her dizzy. she wanted more.

all kate and y/n had ever done was kiss as practice for "future partners".

but this time, there was a real tension. something that had clearly been there for a while. it just hung there, never spoken about.

"good new or bad new?" kate asks, getting closer to y/n, if that was even possible.

"good," y/n nods, her mouth going dry as her eyes run over kate's appearance.

it wasn't much. it was what kate wore before she left. it's what she wore to all the games. but tonight it looked different.

y/n couldn't tell if it was the closeness — and clear sexual tension. or if it was kate's hiked up cheer skirt, and her messy grabs at the y/h/c hips.

"what're you guys doing?" deena asks, peeking through the door.

"i — drugs!" y/n cuts kate off, yanking the bag of weed out of kate's pocket.

kate looked down, embarrassed and insecure.

"yeah, ok. well they need all cheerleaders and shit back so.."

"i'm coming," kate nods, smiling as she brushes her hair back.

looking at y/n's flushed figure, her smile grew.

"drugs?"

"deena would tease us if she found out we were doing — whatever the hell that was!" y/n huffs, leaning over the counter and breathing heavily.

"yeah, i don't know what got into me," kate breathily laughs,

"maybe i was horny."

y/n looked at her, the two starting to laugh.

"i'll help you with that any time," y/n teases, popping another gum in her mouth and walking out of the bathroom.

kate didn't know where the confidence came from. maybe it was adrenaline from seeing y/n obviously eyeing her in her cheer uniform. as it was clear as day she wasn't trying to hide the fact she was.

kate didn't know what it was. or what it changed in her and y/n's friendship.

but she knew what stayed the same.

y/n's damn effect on her.

˚ ༘✶ 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋~!⋆。˚