CHAPTER XVI: EPHEMERA

Start from the beginning

"ayyyy man!" quackity exclaimed loudly, bumping into sapnap, almost making him drop his pocket knife. sapnap quickly scrambled, putting the knife away and brushing himself off. "o-oh hey alex!" sapnap said back, watching quackity in a bit of confusion.

quackity was stumbling, not being able to walk in a straight line as he held onto the wall for support, bringing the glass of alcohol in his hand to his lips and sipping it eagerly. he let out a satisfied exhale as he swished the ice in his drink around, then looked back up at sapnap.

"oi you want one?" quackity let out, laughing as he stepped towards sapnap with his arm extended, holding his glass towards the knight as if he was toasting with him. "u-um no thank you.." sapnap stammered out, feeling uncomfortable seeing quackity drunk.

quackity cheered and then wrapped his arm around sapnap's shoulders. "cmon man! loosen up! it's ex-clu-siveeee chardonnay from king's office!" quackity slurred out syllables while talking. sapnap tried to act natural to get out of the situation, chuckling along with the beanie-wearing butler.

"no thank you! really, i'm fine." sapnap said, faking a smile with his hands up in surrender, taking steps out of quackity's embrace. quackity let out a loud burp. "allllllllright mr. party pooper!" he posed weirdly while talking with his free hand on his hip, leaning to the side towards sapnap at a sloppy attempt at looking intimidating.

this pose caused quackity to unknowingly throw his alcohol at sapnap, staining the knight's outfit. sapnap recoiled, looking down at his now alcohol-soaked outfit. he glared at quackity who was laughing.

sapnap huffed out in anger, clenching his fists before fast-walking away from the drunk butler, his frustration building up. he turned down the halls, trying to find the way he came back from while also being on the lookout in case he came across you. as much as he wanted to look for y/n, he felt pissed off and impatient, causing him to go home.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

GREATER DREAM SMP.

KARL, FUNDY, Y/N, AND QUACKITY sat at their usual booth in the restaurant, eating breakfast in a quiet atmosphere as they discussed the events that happened last night in the presidential house.

to your luck, fundy and quackity were able to save you from sapnap. fundy dragged you into a secret room, hiding you far away from the hallways until him and quackity searched the halls and found no trace of sapnap's presence.

quackity, on the other hand, put his acting skills to the test, acting drunk in order to distract sapnap and drive him away. to his surprise, it definitely worked. when fundy and quackity woke up last night to hear your screams, they first went to check king's office, seeing if they can inform king of an intruder.

unfortunately, it wasn't a surprise to see king hungover again for the... well, they didn't keep track of the nights since it was useless (just like king), but nevertheless, it started happening frequently due to the oncoming political shambles with wilbur and pogtopia. they were upset and angry to see king knocked out on his desk, a bottle of whiskey held close to his lap.

so quackity and fundy acted quick, formulating a random plan while rushing in the dark hallways. it seems that king wouldn't even care anymore since he was still knocked out by morning.

overall, karl was overwhelmed to hear about sapnap's luckily failed attempt to kidnap you. he felt like he was at war with himself since he promised to protect you. but then again, it wasn't his fault that so many people just clicked in with obsessing over you.. and not in a good way. it scared him.