CHAPTER XVI: EPHEMERA

Start from the beginning

"w-what?" you asked confused, your eyebrows scrunching together slightly. you felt the reverberations against sapnap's chest as he let out some excited giggles. "oh y/n! you're so funny and pretty and cute. i came here to get what is mine." as he said that, his eyes suddenly flashed over, a more sinister look becoming prominent, complementing his toothy grin in the creepiest way possible.

"you've always belonged with me. now you'll be coming with me to greater dream smp. where you should've been in the first place." right when he said that, you felt him trying to lift you off the floor so he could carry you. you started to panic and immediately responded with attacking him, taking the glass of water in your hand and wacking him in the top of his head as hard as possible.

it seemed to do the trick as he quickly let go of you, letting you slip away from his grasp. before turning to run away, you caught a glimpse of him cursing out in pain as he held his head in his hands. you were surprised to see that the glass didn't break on his head but rather, it broke and shattered when it hit the kitchen floor. when sapnap saw you run, he looked down the hall at your figure with devilish eyes, growling from his chest in anger.

"DON'T YOU RUN FROM ME!" he screamed out, pouncing forward and beginning to pedal his legs as fast as he could, trying desperately to catch up to you while you continued to swiftly turn down hallway after hallway with pure adrenaline pumping through your veins. you could feel heavy footsteps syncing in with yours, reverberating against the castle floors.

you felt hot tears about to slip down your eyes. you hated this new feeling that brewed up in your stomach, making its way to the entirety of your body. it was a crazed feeling that always reminded you that someone was after you.. and not in the way where paranoia slowly eats you. in the way that it all comes to life, being able to take you away from everyone.

"OH Y/N! BABY JUST QUIT RUNNING AND COME TO ME! YOU LOVE ME! I'LL PROTECT YOU!"

his words rang around in your head as your legs ached, echoing against the walls. you past by all of the fine art hung on the walls, each portrait and sculptures' face staring down at you in disappointment. you decided to let out a few screams whenever your peripheral vision was able to catch the knight in pursuit right behind you, reminding you to never stop moving.

you prayed that this was some sick nightmare. that you'd wake up in your room or next to quackity, him being able to comfort you. but it wasn't. the feeling only got worse as you couldn't cut sapnap from your tail. you can smell his desperation for you from feet away. his utter sickness over you. that was the true nightmare of all.

when you went to turn a certain corner, you almost tripped. however, you felt yourself being caught, wrapped within someone else's warm embrace. you wanted to scream, but your instincts told you to hold it in as you heard the person's voice console you. "shhhh i got you." you heard fundy quickly whisper while he dragged you into a dark room, running just as fast as you were earlier.

when sapnap reached the corner you last turned, he stopped in his tracks, looking down the hall. he was confused by the fact that he couldn't find your figure anywhere. there's no way i lost them he thought.

he slowly reached in his pocket and took out a pocket knife, flicking the blade out. the hyperventilating, the menacing eyes almost boggling out of his head, the knife gripped tightly in his hands—he looked like the prime recipe of a psychopath.

he inched slowly within the hallway, staring at all of the closed doors. "baby please give me a sign. where are you?" he said aloud in agony, followed by a short groan as he quickly wiped the beads of sweat off his forehead. before he could continue his search for you, he got scared by a sudden presence making its way in the hallway.