CHAPTER XIV: WANDERLUST

Start from the beginning

luckily for the counsel, they respected eret, and the judges didn't want to give eret a severe punishment. little did they know, the kingdom next door had way more dirt on them than the somewhat short court trial that was prosecuted against eret.

so the judges decided that they needed to leave some of the political decisions to dream, the main founder of the greater dream smp. in reality, dream had full political control over greater dream smp, but he decided that he didn't want to rule the kingdom directly. therefore, he was the one left to serve as a knight and crown other kings that would always blatantly stay under him, which greatly confused eret.

the judges gave it sometime before calling dream up to the podium for the big decision: what will happen to greater dream smp? dream's eyes scanned around the room, looking at all the curious royal people's faces that were awaiting his call. he smiled under his mask.

"on behalf of the greater dream smp, i hand over the reign to sir george lore."

——-                       ——-                       ——-

Y/N CAREFULLY STUCK THE last strip of tape over eret's box, their fingers carefully grazing the feeling of cardboard. "that's the last of them." eret said, rubbing his hands together and placing them on his hips, looking around at the room filled with stocked boxes.

you stood up, facing eret who was standing in the doorway. "are you gonna call the packing guys?" you asked. eret nodded, smiling a bit. she reached out her arms, beckoning you to come closer for a hug. you obliged, smiling and feeling each other's embrace.

as the time flew by, you and eret started making your way out from the pride palace, guards and moving men loading eret's belongings onto huge carts outside at a fast pace. when eret went to tend to some of his long-time servants, today being the last time he'll probably ever see them again, you felt a presence nearing from behind you.

"hey y/n." you turned around, being met with george, the new king of greater dream smp. when you woke up and heard about eret's dethroning, you decided to go to the pride palace and help him move out. you met eret when you were in pogtopia since they dropped off materials for wilbur in secrecy. ever since then, you two got along really well. now that you, quackity, and fundy figured out that the dethroning happened due to king's impulsivity, finding the man hungover in the morning, you didn't know how to feel. this wasn't part of the plan.

now you were faced with george, the gold crown encrusted with jewels of many colors that once sat on eret's head was now on george's, making you feel empty inside. you didn't really have anything against george—hell, you didn't even know the guy. the last time you saw him was when you first met him back at the presidential house.

"hi george. you doing alright?" you said, trying to ignore the tension between the two of you. "y-yeah. i'm fine. you?" you nodded in return, letting the silence wash over the awkward atmosphere. george was happy to see you when you walked into his castle, but he noticed how... tired.. you looked. that quickly made his smile fade.

earlier, he watched to the side as you helped eret pack, you noticeably feeling a lot more comfortable with the former king instead of him. that made george develop a knot in his stomach, not knowing what words or actions can fix the situation. he wanted to make you happy and hangout with you more. he thought he'd be able to do that more often now that his position upgraded from measly knight to a forlorn king. he even daydreamed about you being on the second throne, reigning by his side with a gold crown on your head that matched his.

it didn't take longer than a moment for eret to walk back to your side, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. "alrighty then. we'll be on our way now." eret said with a friendly tone to ease the tension, nodding towards you. "good luck with your reign, george." eret said, bowing slightly to bid farewell.

george stuck on a fake smile, trying to be polite as he said goodbye. he watched as eret led you out the front doors, your arm wrapping around her torso in return. you didn't even turn around to look back at george, making the new king grow lonely inside.

when the daytime air from outside hit you, you and eret walked towards the carriages while making conversation, knowing that you had to part ways now. "where will you stay?" you asked as the two of you separated to face one another. "i'm not too sure yet. i know you want me to stay at the presidential house but i don't think manberg would be a good place for me right now." they replied, making you look down in sadness but nod.

"i think i'll just have to try my connections with phil or technoblade before i can get a house." he sighed. you tilted your head at them, worry filling your eyes as you rubbed comforting circles into his back. "i wish you luck with that. call me when you can." you said, making her nod. "of course i will. you'll see me in the newspapers.. maybe a few days from now." eret joked, making you smile and shake your head. he was right though. sooner or later, greater dream smp and manberg will hear about king george and the fall of eret.

you two side hugged, giving each other a tight squeeze. eret rested his head on top of yours. "hopefully, we can watch the stars sometime soon." you looked up at her with hopeful eyes, nodding. "i'd love that." you said softly, remembering back to the late night conversation you had over the phone with eret, promising each other that they'd have those conversations in person. once eret gets his finances sorted out and he gets his own home, hopefully you would be able to stay overnight.

I DON'T KNOW IF THE PLAN SHOULD BE THIS WAY.
I SHOULD TALK TO TECH ABOUT IT.

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
TRUST NOBODY - KING PRINCESS.
the lyrics expresses y/n's thoughts on the whole situation. it's just all so confusing, but despite that, there's a few people that you'll trust when everything seems to be slowly crumbling—one of those people being eret :)

PREVIEW LYRICS.
I don't ever trust nobody
No, I don't ever trust, but I trust you
Ain't that great?
And I'm still dumb when no one's watching
I bet you're cool when no one's watching you
I guess it's fate
And she said, "Meet me at the party"
But I don't know nobody
And she said I'm getting there
They treat you like a ticket
But I just wanna kick it
And honey, I'll take you there
Oh, when everyone starts calling for me
Oh, I only pick up for you.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
some eret comfort pog.

w.c.: 1.7k+