The First day at home-Chapter 42

Start from the beginning

"You are able to go home now." the doctor told Alice and frank.

Frank grabbed their bags and filled them up with all their stuff and also grabbed the free nappies(diapers) from the hospital.

"Got it all?" Alice asked Frank as she placed her zip up hoodie on the carseat while she changed Brad's nappie.

"Yep, I'll bring the car closer so you don't have to walk so far." Frank said.

The thing about Frank was that he was a mixture of Bad boy and Sweetheart. That's the massive thing that Alice fell for in Frank.

While Frank was off moving the car, Alice grabbed her phone and took a picture of Brad cuddled up in his blanket in the car seat.

Frank walked back in and lifted up the carseat and proceeded to walk down the hospital corridors with Alice's hand in one hand and was asleep in the carseat in the other.

The cold crisp air breeze was a blessing to Alice as she had only one window that didn't have the best breeze.

Alice took a deep inhale and yawned.

"When we get home I suggest that you sleep and I'll cook your favourite." Frank said while connecting the carseat into its holder in the backseat.

The drive home was very quiet and Alice became tired and drained. Thankfully, Brad didn't end up crying for food.

"Home sweet home"Frank said as she turned the car off.

Frank went round the car and opened Alice's door and placed his hand out and kissed her.

Before he went to the right back seat and picked up Brad out of the carseat and lifted him up onto his chest and kissed his head.

The door was unlocked by Alice and she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a large glass of water and walked to her bedroom before she snuggled herself into her own comfort of the bed.

Frank walked into the living room and grabbed the moses basket and placed him in it before placing the basket on the bar so he kept an eye on him.

The fridge was full of fresh food, thanks to Frank's parents. So Frank made some green pesto pasta, full of edamame beans, spinach,green beans and other good green foods, he topped it with some parmesan cheese that was grated.

Alice woke up from her slumber to a manly knock on the door. She shouted come in and Frank walked in with her favourite pasta and a small glass of lemonade.

"Sit up and i'll place the tray over your lap and i'll sit next to you" Frank said.

Alice munched on her pasta and hummed in satisfaction as she really enjoyed Frank's cooking.

"Thank you so much for this, it's really scrumptious" Alice said before moving over to kiss Frank.

Over the next few days, the family of three tried to make a routine as to when Brad would sleep and how long it would be before he needed a feed.

Frank was so impressed with how easy Alice’s coped with their new routine to life.

When Wanda was dropped off by Jess, Wanda ran up to Alice who was sitting on the sofa cradling Brad as he hadn't slept for a few hours.

"Please have some sleep, pretty boy." Alice whispered.

"Careful wanda!"Frank commanded as she leapt up onto the sofa and made herself comfortable by resting her head on Alice's knee.

Wanda polietlly licked Brad's head which caused a little whimper from Brad.

Frank was surprised at the reaction that came from Brad, they would be an unstoppable duo.

After Wanda had been introduced to Brad, he slowly began to shut his eyes which made Alice smile in relief.

Alice slowly but carefully got up from the sofa and made her way to Brad's nursery and put him down for the night , turned on the night light to soothe the environment in which Brad would be in.

After that, Alice returned back to her seat and sniggled up to Frank and sighed heavily.

"Tired, hungry,sad,happy?" Frank listed emotions and feelings so that he could find out what was going on in Alice's mind.

"I'm just really happy yet tired." Alice responded to her husband's question.

The next few months were hard work for both of them, to change their routine each day was stressful to say the least. Alice wasn't going back to work until four months had passed. Frank was gradually adding rugby and his job back into their lives.

Alice did receive help from both Franks and her parents. They were like a godsent.

Alice could not have been happier. She was able to leave Brad with his grandparents as long as she pumped an hour or so beforehand.

Alice had arranged to meet up with her cousin Anna, to have a good catch up as alice had isolated herself due to having a new born baby. Frank was concerned at how she wasn't interacting with anyone expect from himself , Brad and his and her parents. He did find out that it was a normal thing do occur afterwards.

Frank had a rugby match tomorrow and Alice was going to surprise him.