deux

big claps to Waterisprettycool for beta-reading this chapter for me!

━━━━━━━━

"WHAT IS IT THAT YOU DON'T, UM, LIKE ABOUT HIM?" ADRIEN—NOW CHAT NOIR—DECIDED TO TREAD CAREFULLY. He couldn't remember doing anything to make you angry at him. Were you mad that he interrupted you while you were playing? That must've been it.

He watched as your face scrunched up, before tilting to the side. "There's just this, how do I explain it, sort of posh-ness around him. Kinda like, he thinks he's better than the rest of us," you groaned, tapping your hand on the ground. "Plus, he's too good looking. Good looking people are never up to something good."

"You must get in trouble a lot, then," Adrien almost slapped himself. How silly could he be to say that to someone who didn't like them? Although, you didn't really recognize him as Adrien. You saw him as Chat Noir. Perhaps he could use this to his advantage.

"Oh yeah, tons of times," he watched as you rolled your eyes, mumbling something underneath your breath. "Anyway, I don't like rich people in general. They throw me off of my groove, I guess."

"I'd wager that it's no fun being the child of a rich person," he couldn't stop himself from speaking. Being in his superhero costume—costume? More like suit—gave him a boost of confidence, one that he very much enjoyed. "Having to deal with reporters and living in the shadow of their parents, sounds like it'd be awful," he cut himself off there, instead wanting to see what your reaction would be. 

And it was nothing. 

Adrien stared at your blank face, before pushing himself off of his staff and humming a small tune to himself. "At least, that's what I think. I guess we have different opinions about it, yeah?" he looked away as his face fell. He did think that you were cool—really cool, in fact—so he didn't want to give up the chance to become friends with you. How to do it, was the question.

"Yeah, very different opinions," your pulled your legs up, hugging them to your chest. Your arms were wrapped around your legs, while your chin was resting on your knees. Adrien thought it was pretty cute.

He walked around the roof top, pulling up a piece of tarp and seeing some old furniture under it. "So, did you just move here?" he asked, placing it back and grabbing another end. While technically he was the new kid, he wasn't sure how long anyone else had lived there. It seemed like a fairly safe question. 

"No, I've lived here my whole life," you said, before clicking your tongue. You looked back at Adrien, your eyes looking as tired as they did in the morning, "And can you please stop touching stuff?" at that, he let go of the of the tarp. 

"How coincidental! Me too! I really do think we're meant to be," Adrien added in a wink, was this what flirting was like? He thought so, but he couldn't be too sure. It was, however, what happened in the movies and he was just trying to copy that.

He heard your groan, before letting out a stifled laugh. He wondered what he could do to get you to really laugh. "Don't you have superhero stuff to do? Talking to someone on their roof doesn't sound like it was in the quota for today," you let go of your legs, instead choosing to sit criss-cross applesauce. When you breathed the air crystallized around you, making it appear as though there was smoke coming out of you. 

"And aren't you cold?" Adrien could feel the cold biting him through his suit, but he wasn't really paying all that much attention to it. Although, you were wearing normal everyday clothes, and that couldn't be keeping you warm enough. "You should go back inside if you're cold."